Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Rosh Hashana-Yom Kippur
How Rude Is It To Brag?
Previous  1  2

ra_mom

Post Sun, Sep 29 2019, 8:57 am
That's wonderful! Enjoy your relaxing day and wishing you a K'siva V'chasima Tova!

PinkFridge

Post Sun, Sep 29 2019, 9:29 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Im feeling very accomplished but wouldnt dear say that to anyone IRL as tomorrow is likely going to be a stressful day in most households.
Im having company who are newly frum and I knew yom tov would feel that much more beautiful if I had a nice spread by each meal.
I made a pretty elaborate menu and started cooking 3 weeks ago. Im not always the best at advance prep but im so proud of myself, I have officially finished cooking! I was done almost everything before shabbos but I made some roasted veggies tonight and also set the table and cleaned for yt. I plan to spend the day with the kids mostly out of the house tomorrow. I honestly cant believe myself that I dont have anything to do tomorrow. Im sooo grateful to Hashem right now!!

You need and deserve to endorse yourself for your accomplishments! You're not condescendingly bragging. If you were, that would deserve mussar. Of course, watch who you say this to.
I hope you have real life endorsement and appreciation, and may the year bring you hatzlacha in reaching all of your goals. And may all your goals be meaningful and used in service to the RBSH'O.

Sorry no time to read the rest of the thread. I'm in between waiting for recipes to load.
I

freilich

Post Sun, Sep 29 2019, 10:33 am
OP, you are in the right place! Brag away. You set yourself a goal and kept at it. At this time of the year, what could be more appropriate?

Meanwhile, I will try to keep to my new years resolution......

Thanks for the inspiration!

MiracleMama

Post Sun, Sep 29 2019, 10:38 am
Wow, OP. I envy you. Do you mind sharing your menus? I always want to start ahead but the sorts of things our family likes typically aren't make-ahead-and-freeze friendly. Always looking for ideas so that I could at least partly do that.

ssspectacular

Post Sun, Sep 29 2019, 11:56 am
Challah, cakes, soup, meat-all freeze well.
Some kugels-apple, maybe potato (I don't like it frozen) lokshen.
That's basically what I do in advance. And I keep it simple!
A gut gebentcht year to all!

amother
Crimson

Post Sun, Sep 29 2019, 12:37 pm
amother [ Cerise ] wrote:
What did you cook and what did you freeze? Can you please elaborate. I would like to learn from you and hopefully try to it also.

Cerise: I love your way of thinking. I am going to adopt this "learning from everyone"

for those of you who know yiddish:

איך ווער אלט ווי א קו און איך לערן נאך אלץ צו

If anyone knows how to translate, be my guest...

dankbar

Post Wed, Oct 02 2019, 1:58 am
How do you do it? Somehow, no matter when I start I am still always running the last minute.

amother
Salmon

Post Wed, Oct 02 2019, 2:06 am
OP, pls share your menu. I always feel like some things need to be made fresh and then I’m stuck erev yt and yt morning in the kitchen, but I’d love to learn how to avoid that !!

amother
Indigo

Post Wed, Oct 02 2019, 2:08 am
amother [ Crimson ] wrote:
Cerise: I love your way of thinking. I am going to adopt this "learning from everyone"

for those of you who know yiddish:

איך ווער אלט ווי א קו און איך לערן נאך אלץ צו

If anyone knows how to translate, be my guest...

"I grow older like a cow, but keep on learning somehow."

That about right?
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Rosh Hashana-Yom Kippur