Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
One year old does not sleep through the night

amother
OP

Post Wed, Oct 02 2019, 12:06 pm
He's a good baby and doesn't usually cry when he's up but many times when I check on the monitor I see that he's either up (eyes open and occasionally moving around) or tossing and turning. Sometimes he can be awake for over an hour at a time in the middle of the night.

Is this normal?

I'm actually concerned also what will happen when he doesn't sleep in a crib anymore. I hope he won't come out every time he wakes up or fall off the bed because he moves around so much!

jfk92

Post Wed, Oct 02 2019, 12:35 pm
I cant tell you if its normal or not but I can tell you my son does the same. Hes 15 months but I noticed it early on because of the monitor. You wouldn't even realize if it wasnt for the monitor- but his eyes are definitely open and at times he even walks around the crib till he falls back asleep- which can be 40 minutes later. He is otherwise doing well bh so I try not to worry about it much. Originally I changed sleep time, food in diet/time given etc... But results were same.

Rappel

Post Wed, Oct 02 2019, 12:39 pm
Yes, it's normal. I assume he's still getting two naps during the day? So he's going to be up a little at night, and that's fine. He's healthy, he's exploring independently, and he understands the difference between night and day. You're good, momma.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics