Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Does your husband love you or his mom more?
Previous  1  2  3

amother
Plum

Post Thu, Sep 26 2019, 5:55 am
amother [ Peach ] wrote:
my ex definitely loved me MUCH more than his mom pretty much right after marriage -so doesn't show anything or make for a better marriage

If this was the case, he must've hated his mother long before he even met you.
(not intended to you personally.)

zaq

Post Thu, Sep 26 2019, 6:28 am
amother [ Plum ] wrote:
If this was the case, he must've hated his mother long before he even met you.
(not intended to you personally.)

Not necessarily. 1. Exes don’t necessarily hate each other. They may even get along after a fashion but be unable to live together.
2. Just because people divorced doesn’t mean they never loved each other in the first place. Often enough, love dies not violently but quietly, of starvation and neglect.

CatLady

Post Thu, Sep 26 2019, 8:45 am
Am I the only one that thought of this Drake lyric?

"She say, "Do you love me?" I tell her, "Only partly"
I only love my bed and my momma, I'm sorry"

You're welcome.

rivkeyb

Post Thu, Sep 26 2019, 11:03 am
different kind of love

amother
Plum

Post Wed, Oct 02 2019, 7:41 am
zaq wrote:
Not necessarily. 1. Exes don’t necessarily hate each other. They may even get along after a fashion but be unable to live together.
2. Just because people divorced doesn’t mean they never loved each other in the first place. Often enough, love dies not violently but quietly, of starvation and neglect.

Zaq, my statement applies to anyone, ex or not.
She stated that he loved her 'much more' than his mom 'from the start, right after marriage'.
If a newly wed loves his/her spouse much more than his mom from the start, right after marriage, s/he must've not loved his mom very much in the first place...

Re-read amother peach's post
amother [ Peach ] wrote:
my ex definitely loved me MUCH more than his mom pretty much right after marriage -so doesn't show anything or make for a better marriage

zaq

Post Wed, Oct 02 2019, 10:33 am
amother [ Plum ] wrote:

It would depend on their relationship history. A newlywed man who was set up by a shadchan, married his wife after three dates and a six-week engagement is different from a newlywed man who dated his wife for two years and had a six-month engagement.

But in any case, how would she even know? Because he gave her more expensive gifts than he gave his mom? Spent more time with her ? Talked to her more? Isn’t that what a newlywed man is supposed to do? I would be deeply concerned if a newlywed man DIDN’T do all those things.

Or does she say that because her dh said I love you much more than anyone else even my mom? What else is a man supposed to say if his wife asks such a question—which is one of those double-edged questions a person should never answer at all because it’s a minefield? Asinine question anyway since they are different flavors of love, but not everyone is intelligent enough to understand that.
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics