Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
Sleep feed schedule for 3 month old

amother
OP

Post Wed, Oct 02 2019, 2:09 pm
im a first time mom and have no one to ask...
whats a normal sleep feed schedule for a 3 month old?
my dd sleeps through the night most of the time...if I get 6 feedings in during the day, she can sleep til 7 or 8am. but if I only get in 5 feedings during the day, she often wakes up at about 5am and then goes back to sleep after I feed her...
what would you do to normalize her schedule?

amother
Lilac

Post Wed, Oct 02 2019, 2:12 pm
Why don't you just give more daytime feeds? Although infants schedules change so frequently, it will not likely stick anyway. I generally just go with the flow.

amother
Periwinkle

Post Wed, Oct 02 2019, 2:13 pm
This is an EXCELLENT schedule for a baby! You're lucky that she's sleeping through the night. Most babies wake every 3 hours.

amother
Ivory

Post Wed, Oct 02 2019, 2:31 pm
So cool! How often does she eat? My baby is formula fed- 5oz every 4 hours and Bh sleeps from 7:30 to 6ish most days...

amother
OP

Post Wed, Oct 02 2019, 3:25 pm
amother [ Ivory ] wrote:
So cool! How often does she eat? My baby is formula fed- 5oz every 4 hours and Bh sleeps from 7:30 to 6ish most days...

I feed her every 3 and sometimes after 2 to get in a 6th feeding before putting her in at 8
how many feedings do you get?
I feel like im overdoing it...

amother
Ivory

Post Wed, Oct 02 2019, 3:45 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I feed her every 3 and sometimes after 2 to get in a 6th feeding before putting her in at 8
how many feedings do you get?
I feel like im overdoing it...

Are you nursing or formula?
I have been asking around and figuring stuff out for myself. Happy to share but I think it’s different for nursing babies (mines on formula only at this point...). The main idea is bigger feeds at set intervals rather then many small feeds but breastfed babies cluster feed more...

amother
Lilac

Post Wed, Oct 02 2019, 4:13 pm
amother [ Ivory ] wrote:
Are you nursing or formula?
I have been asking around and figuring stuff out for myself. Happy to share but I think it’s different for nursing babies (mines on formula only at this point...). The main idea is bigger feeds at set intervals rather then many small feeds but breastfed babies cluster feed more...

In my experience with breast feeding my kids, the opposite was much more effective in getting a long stretch at night. Very frequent daytime feeds, at least every 2 hours and sometimes even closer together. My babies almost all did only one breast per feed, per their preference.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics