Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries
Anyone else dealing with stink bugs???

amother
OP

Post Wed, Oct 02 2019, 10:48 am
They are all over! I keep killing them and I find more and more...
I’ve never seen a stink bug before I came to Lakewood...
Does anyone know how to get rid of them??

Chayalle

Post Wed, Oct 02 2019, 10:50 am
A friend of mine told me - never kill a stink bug, or all their sting bug friends will show up for the funeral.

I've had the occasional stink bug. I always trap them (they are remarkably stupid, and can be trapped and tapped into the bottom of a plastic cup and carried outside) and show them out the door.

thunderstorm

Post Wed, Oct 02 2019, 10:54 am
We have a ton too. (Monsey area). We don’t kill them. Trap and remove them outdoors.

mommyla

Post Wed, Oct 02 2019, 10:54 am
Chayalle wrote:
A friend of mine told me - never kill a stink bug, or all their sting bug friends will show up for the funeral.

I've had the occasional stink bug. I always trap them (they are remarkably stupid, and can be trapped and tapped into the bottom of a plastic cup and carried outside) and show them out the door.

Yup. And they're slow-moving too, so easy to catch and release. Smashing them makes them, well, stink... I don't know if a dead stink bug attracts more stink bugs (I think that's a myth), but we always get a lot of them this time of year. I just carefully scoop them into a cup and let them go outside.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Oct 02 2019, 11:00 am
I have waaay too many to bring to the front door.
They seem like living on the upstairs bedroom windows.
I must have killed close to 50 over the last week. I see so many more today.. at least 10 ...
Please help!!!!!!

amother
Tan

Post Wed, Oct 02 2019, 11:05 am
Vacuum them

amother
OP

Post Wed, Oct 02 2019, 11:08 am
amother [ Tan ] wrote:
Vacuum them

I did and I even changed the vacuum cleaner bag...

amother
Indigo

Post Wed, Oct 02 2019, 2:25 pm
this is the season. we only found one exterminator that has something that kills them. they're extremely hard to exterminate
by now we call that exterminator every year end of summer before the season begins
not in my house where I live bH

amother
OP

Post Wed, Oct 02 2019, 2:51 pm
amother [ Indigo ] wrote:
this is the season. we only found one exterminator that has something that kills them. they're extremely hard to exterminate
by now we call that exterminator every year end of summer before the season begins
not in my house where I live bH

Which exterminator?
I just booked one. Hope it’s the same. They said they have something for stink bugs...

sarahmalka

Post Wed, Oct 02 2019, 4:31 pm
Some other ideas:
Close all blinds and curtains during dusk and night bc they might be attracted by the light (as well as being attracted to heat). Or just keep lights off or low, during stinkbug season.
Trim any bushes trees or other shrubbery touching the house.
Make sure to plug any holes and seal up ways for the bugs to enter the house. Got a chimney?

nuttynut

Post Wed, Oct 02 2019, 5:47 pm
If you squish them, they will release an odor that will attract more. But you can kill it using a spray or trap without squishing them, which will not attract others. ... Any kind of fly swatter can kill a stink bug, but keep in mind that squashing the bug will release a stinky odor, hence the name, "stink bug".

amother
Lilac

Post Wed, Oct 02 2019, 5:54 pm
I trap them in tissues and then flush them down the toilet.

happy2bhere

Post Wed, Oct 02 2019, 5:57 pm
Me, we have tons! Do not kill them. I flush them down the toilet. I’m having an exterminator come this week to spray.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Oct 02 2019, 6:15 pm
shaindysmom wrote:
Me, we have tons! Do not kill them. I flush them down the toilet. I’m having an exterminator come this week to spray.

Who are you using?

happy2bhere

Post Wed, Oct 02 2019, 6:17 pm
Mug a bug

amother
Mustard

Post Wed, Oct 02 2019, 7:56 pm
Omg YES. just killed two of them a few minutes ago.

I'm in Monsey.

Yuck. I hate those bugs!

amother
Orchid

Post Wed, Oct 02 2019, 10:10 pm
The stink bug secret- green dish soap. Yes dish soap..mix with water in a spray bottle.and spray them. They will die within minutes.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries