Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Meat
French Roast - spices, not sauce

imanonymous

Post Wed, Oct 02 2019, 12:35 pm
There are probably other threads about this, but I didn't have the patience to sift through 33 matches.

Anyone has a good recipe/spice rub for French roast?

imanonymous

Post Wed, Oct 02 2019, 9:55 pm
Bump

all is good

Post Wed, Oct 02 2019, 11:06 pm
Just do very basic spices, the key is more in the baking/cooking time. The longer the better! I've done chopped fresh onion & garlic on the bottom of the pan, sprinkle on the meat salt, pepper, onion powder, garlic powder, paprika (I've done w/o paprika too) put a little water, cover tight & bake for a few hours...on rosh hashana, we put the meat (already cooked but frozen) on the blech overnight and it was amazing. Soft and juicy and just so delicious!

ddmom

Post Wed, Oct 02 2019, 11:32 pm
all is good wrote:
Just do very basic spices, the key is more in the baking/cooking time. The longer the better! I've done chopped fresh onion & garlic on the bottom of the pan, sprinkle on the meat salt, pepper, onion powder, garlic powder, paprika (I've done w/o paprika too) put a little water, cover tight & bake for a few hours...on rosh hashana, we put the meat (already cooked but frozen) on the blech overnight and it was amazing. Soft and juicy and just so delicious!

I do the same. I add wine if I have on hand. Add a good taste.

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Thu, Oct 03 2019, 9:01 am
I slice onions, put on the meat, stab it a few times, sprinkle it with garlic powder, onion powder, black pepper, and I then pour on some chicken broth or leftover chicken soup. Sometimes I stick in garlic cloves and/or baby carrots too. Cover and cook low and slow.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics