Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Post-High School Programs for Girls in Israel?

yaelchai

Post Thu, Oct 03 2019, 10:20 am
Law School for Frum Women in Israel?

A number of years ago, I met a frum woman in a hospital waiting room in Israel who said she attends law school in a totally tsnius environment. I didn't think much about it at the time because it wasn't relevant.

Now that my daughters are finishing high school soon, I'd like to find out about this school. Anyone have any information about it?

Seminary with Emphasis on Graphic Arts or Film?

Anyone know of this seminary?

Thanks for the help.
Yael

banana123

Post Thu, Oct 03 2019, 10:41 am
yaelchai wrote:
Law School for Frum Women in Israel?

A number of years ago, I met a frum woman in a hospital waiting room in Israel who said she attends law school in a totally tsnius environment. I didn't think much about it at the time because it wasn't relevant.

Now that my daughters are finishing high school soon, I'd like to find out about this school. Anyone have any information about it?

Seminary with Emphasis on Graphic Arts or Film?

Anyone know of this seminary?

Thanks for the help.
Yael

The biggest question is, do your daughters speak Hebrew?
If so, let me know what fields they're interested in and I will try to look it up for you.

yaelchai

Post Thu, Oct 03 2019, 10:56 am
Yes. They are fluent in both Hebrew and English. They attend a Bais Yaakov high school. They are twins and one is very interested in film and computers. The other twin has CP and has some physical challenges (she walks but a bit unsteadily). She knows she does not want to teach, she likes computers, and she is very good in math. Thank you for your help!
Yael

banana123

Post Thu, Oct 03 2019, 11:03 am
yaelchai wrote:
Yes. They are fluent in both Hebrew and English. They attend a Bais Yaakov high school. They are twins and one is very interested in film and computers. The other twin has CP and has some physical challenges (she walks but a bit unsteadily). She knows she does not want to teach, she likes computers, and she is very good in math. Thank you for your help!
Yael

Computers - Machon Tal in Jerusalem
Computers - Machon Tal

Or Lustig - same college, different branch, more BY type.
Lustig

Maale - Israel's film school - apparently has a haredi branch:

Maale

banana123

Post Thu, Oct 03 2019, 11:07 am
I have to say though that the idea of "seminary" is not exactly the same in Israel. There are programs of higher learning and the more religious ones have religious studies. But it is not seminary in the sense of all students in dorms, extracurricular activities, trips, in-Shabbats, etc. etc. It is more like a religious college setting. Few cater to Americans, though of course chutznikiyot are always welcome.

I don't know of any seminaries proper which offer both the "seminary atmosphere" as well as a proper degree. I do know that some work with institutions in the US to give college/ university credits, but those require continuing at the "parent" school after you leave Israel.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics