Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> The Imamother Writing Club
Updates

amother
OP

Post Thu, Oct 03 2019, 8:47 am
Do you ever wonder about updates regarding old threads?
This can be from simple ones about what someone should serve when their in laws come, to the one who asked about her son who bed-wets, to the one who didn't know what to do about her colleague that kept gossiping about her, to the one whose husband would eat everything in the fridge, etc. etc.
I don't usually appreciate when posters drag up old threads, but sometimes I wish OP would go back and give us an update so we see if anyone's ideas worked, or in general what happened... we're invested in the story, don't rip out the last few pages of the book.

singleagain

Post Thu, Oct 03 2019, 8:50 am
I sometimes wonder also. But everyone is entitled to share as much or little as they want

iyar

Post Thu, Oct 03 2019, 11:45 am
singleagain wrote:
I sometimes wonder also. But everyone is entitled to share as much or little as they want

Agreed. I always want to know the end of the story. I'm especially happy when someone shares a happy end to a story, that really makes my day! But people need their privacy and comfort more than I need to know what happened.

amother
White

Post Thu, Oct 03 2019, 1:16 pm
Sometimes I'm just curious. Sometimes I think of certain threads over the years and I hope that the lives of those women improved.
The ones that struck a nerve is the one about a woman who didn't live in a Jewish community and her husband forcibly cut her hair... also the woman who married an older man that didn't want to get legally married. Of course everyone want privacy. It would be nice if they can update that they are in a better place right now. Sadly maybe things never changed.

amother
Hotpink

Post Fri, Oct 04 2019, 5:04 am
I'm the op of the fridge thread. Dh was very careful for a few days, then I noticed that the food I was making for yom tov was disappearing, so I bought a lock for my freezer. After a few days, dh asked me to get one for the fridge too so that he'll stop binging. I lock the fridge and freezer every night and hide non perishables, but during the day everything is open since I don't want dh asking me to open the fridge every time he wants a drink.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> The Imamother Writing Club