Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
What school to put our son into

PeanutMama

Post Thu, Oct 03 2019, 7:56 pm
I’m doing this way in advance I know. And please don’t tell me “wait till you’re at that point” or “why are you asking this NOW?”
I just want to prepare in advance so I know what my husband and I should expect.
My husband and I are geirim and we are living in Boro Park. BH we just had our baby boy and I want to know what type of schools we would need to look into and what to expect.

We’re chasidish but unaffiliated and we like everyone even people who are not chasidish and we want our son and future children to be like that too.
Is there a school in bp that is very accepting of all types of kids and parents?
Idk I have a funny feeling that schools put kids in boxes but I really want my kid to have that “we should all be in achdus and differences don’t matter” attitude and to be an example to other kids or even the teachers.
Also no Yiddish because I don’t understand it and I don’t have the patience to learn it.
Are my expectations too high?

I knowwwww I have 3 years left to think about it and I know in three years things can change like we would get affiliated with a chasidus (or not which would be better for me honestly I’m really uncomfortable about big rebbes and people going to them for brachas when hashem is the ultimate leader of all the world) or something!
Just tell me what type of school I need to look into

Thanks 3 years in advance lol

Fabulous

Post Thu, Oct 03 2019, 8:00 pm
Kalish

amother
Green

Post Thu, Oct 03 2019, 8:01 pm
I would look into Gan Yisroel. Very heavy emphasis on Ahavas Yisroel.

And Mazel Tov!

flowerpower

Post Thu, Oct 03 2019, 8:22 pm
Boyan
Stolin
What the one that is affiliated with Emunas Yisroel( located on Ocean Parkway- it just slipped my mommy brain)?

amother
Ruby

Post Thu, Oct 03 2019, 8:24 pm
You cant do Chassidish and no yiddish. Stolin the kids talk english. Chasan sofer I assume too. All other ones I assume the kids talk yiddish.

PeanutMama

Post Thu, Oct 03 2019, 8:38 pm
flowerpower wrote:
Boyan
Stolin
What the one that is affiliated with Emunas Yisroel( located on Ocean Parkway- it just slipped my mommy brain)?

As in the shul? We go there!! I mean we’re still new there but we go there

amother
Aqua

Post Thu, Oct 03 2019, 8:40 pm
On ocean parkway is mevakshei hashem.

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Thu, Oct 03 2019, 8:41 pm
Chabad

Surrendered

Post Thu, Oct 03 2019, 8:46 pm
I don't live in Brooklyn so I don't know the answer to question, but I wanna wish you "Mazel Tov" upon the birth of your son. May you see loads of Yiddish Nachas from him.
Hakol Hakavod for thinking ahead, in order to give your son the best Chinuch for him. This is really admirable!

amother
Lemon

Post Fri, Oct 11 2019, 12:16 am
None of the schools mentioned above would be options because OP mentions no Yiddish . Gan yisroel would be the best option in regard to acceptance and hashkafos you are looking for but they speak Yiddish AND they closed the pre school so there is only starting from first grade . If your open to lubovitch there are some great schools in crown heights . Tomchei temimim has transportation to boro Park. Stolin would be an option if you want chassidish . Although they speak Yiddish , the boys are all English speaking . Maybe try the cheder. Amazing school. Or tiferes elimelech. Not chassidish but amazing “heimish” accepting schools .

abound

Post Fri, Oct 11 2019, 5:32 am
No such thing as Chassidish and No yiddish except for Chabad Yeshivas.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics