Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Ruchel Weiss parenting class
1  2  3  Next

amother
OP

Post Thu, Oct 03 2019, 7:57 pm
Was wondering if anyone took her class, what you can tell me about it. What did or did you not like. How did or didn't it help.
Any info will be appreciated.

amother
Seashell

Post Thu, Oct 03 2019, 8:45 pm
Taking it now from one of her students. Can’t recommend it enough. Literally changed the atmosphere in my house. I am by nature very critical of myself and family , and this course helped a lot by teaching me how to let go and enjoy the moment.

I also had a very sub conscious negative connection with my baby and this course has helped me a lot to disconnect and form a healthy emotional mother baby bond

dankbar

Post Thu, Oct 03 2019, 9:14 pm
I took it when she started out. I had a preteen then. It literally turned everything around for us then. He changed his behavior when I changed my thoughts, without telling him a word. I then realized how he truly was connected to me, that's why he misbehaved, not because he was trying to hurt me or hated me.

amother
Slategray

Post Thu, Oct 03 2019, 9:26 pm
Hi! Would love her contacts please . Im desperately looking to take a parenting class.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Oct 03 2019, 9:28 pm
Thanks for replying.
From what I've heard it sounds like it should help me with my son. Because we're so deeply connected we keep on reacting to each other..
Does she still give classes herself also? Are her classes live?
Am in Monsey...

amother
Ginger

Post Thu, Oct 03 2019, 11:07 pm
She will be starting classes after sukkos. I think she does monsey also.

I took her class 2 years ago and I'm going back again for a refresher

amother
Slategray

Post Thu, Oct 03 2019, 11:09 pm
I would love to reach out to her . Phone number where to reach her would be fully appreciated.

amother
Ecru

Post Fri, Oct 04 2019, 6:11 am
I took her class a while ago. There are very positive aspects that I still use today, but please be careful. Her method strongly encourages disregarding of emotions and leaving things to figure themselves out.

Many people join her “cult” and refuse any therapy for their children who desperately need it.

I actually took unconditional parenting with Blimie Heller after that and appreciate it more, it helps you connect to your child, instead of disregarding them. I live Blimie’s class and my kids are doing amazing as I’m implementing it.

Please be careful!

dankbar

Post Fri, Oct 04 2019, 7:00 am
Ruchel Weiss course is about connecting to your child, replacing the negative one with positive one. The disconnect is supposed to be from your own negative emotions about your child's misbehavior. To recognize what emotions are triggered by you when child misbehaves. It's conplicated to be able to understand it & implement it.

amother
Ecru

Post Fri, Oct 04 2019, 7:03 am
I’m not arguing with you, but she never spoke about connecting to your child. She says let them figure it out... she talks a lot about letting go of the negative emotions which I agree with but never adds the positive.. when I finished the class I said I can go back to college, sounds like my kids can raise themselves...

For anyone new please be careful, I know people that were really hurt through this class and mindset.

dankbar

Post Fri, Oct 04 2019, 7:10 am
once you let go of the negative connection, child will seem lost & disconnected & will seek to reconnect, albeit in a positive manner. That's where right connection comes in. Also about them figuring out, is not totally like that, by having positive thoughts about your child, thinking to yourself that your child has the ability to make the right choices, that will give him the power to do so, precisely because he feels it ( because he is so connected to your emotions) & feels like you trust him so he will live up to your expectations. It's a lot about koach hamachshava, positive thinking.

Zehava

Post Fri, Oct 04 2019, 7:15 am
amother [ Ecru ] wrote:
I took her class a while ago. There are very positive aspects that I still use today, but please be careful. Her method strongly encourages disregarding of emotions and leaving things to figure themselves out.

Many people join her “cult” and refuse any therapy for their children who desperately need it.

I actually took unconditional parenting with Blimie Heller after that and appreciate it more, it helps you connect to your child, instead of disregarding them. I live Blimie’s class and my kids are doing amazing as I’m implementing it.

Please be careful!

She does claim there is never a “reason” for misbehavior, and mocks things like ADHD and the like. You gotta be smart and take what resonates but still trust your instincts.

dankbar

Post Fri, Oct 04 2019, 7:34 am
She mostly claims the reason for misbehavior is to connect with mom's emotions, if there's no positive one, they will seek a negative one. She does say that there might be reasons/issues why kids act certain ways but with your positive thinking it gives child power to overcome challenges. For example: if your child is teething & driving you nuts all night by hollering away, if you have right thoughts, child might try to soothe himself & go back to sleep instead of dumping his pain onto you.
Same thing she says with special needs/disabilities, true that child has limitations/challenges but by believing in child , they will try to forge ahead & show progress. Or with OTD child by believing in them that they can make right choices, that will give them the power to return, by just thinking about your own pain then child will spiral down even further. It shouldn't replace therapy, when therapy is needed. Definitely agree with that

amother
Jade

Post Fri, Oct 04 2019, 7:44 am
Dina Friedman verses blima heller?
Same method?hear both r great?

amother
Ecru

Post Fri, Oct 04 2019, 7:45 am
amother [ Jade ] wrote:
Dina Friedman verses blima heller?
Same method?hear both r great?

I highly recommend Blimie. It really changes my life and my relationship with my kids for the better

amother
Jade

Post Fri, Oct 04 2019, 7:49 am
Thank you

amother
Plum

Post Fri, Oct 04 2019, 7:49 am
amother [ Ecru ] wrote:
I highly recommend Blimie. It really changes my life and my relationship with my kids for the better

I second this. I found myself nodding along to everything Blimie shared. I highly recommend her course.

amother
Olive

Post Fri, Oct 04 2019, 8:38 am
amother [ Seashell ] wrote:
Taking it now from one of her students. Can’t recommend it enough. Literally changed the atmosphere in my house. I am by nature very critical of myself and family , and this course helped a lot by teaching me how to let go and enjoy the moment.

I also had a very sub conscious negative connection with my baby and this course has helped me a lot to disconnect and form a healthy emotional mother baby bond

Who'd you take it by?

amother
OP

Post Fri, Oct 04 2019, 8:40 am
Thanks all for your input.
I get the drift of her method. I'm not afraid of taking it black and white cuz I just dont work that way...but I do need something that I will feel is right for me.
My child is very, as in very, deep and intense. One the one hand he is 6 going on 60, but on the other hand He acts out and attacks me. I know that it comes partially from his feelings of insecurity and need to connect...but unfortunately I often react, hence power struggles. So learning how to detach from my own negative emotions would be key here. I do need though the aspect of connecting to him in a deep way, so I wonder if this is the right one for me.

And yes, I am helping him in different ways as well. This is for me to learn to parent and connect in the beat way possible.

Can anyone share more abt Blimi Heller? Does she have live classes? Pre recorded doesn't do it for me. I need it to be scheduled and I need to be able to ask questions.

amother
Olive

Post Fri, Oct 04 2019, 8:40 am
amother [ Ecru ] wrote:

Please be careful!

Tdelete
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics