Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Ruchel Weiss parenting class
Previous  1  2  3  Next

amother
Slateblue

Post Fri, Oct 04 2019, 8:53 am
I know someone who took her course and I gotta say I think she's teaching wrong things. This person's child hits her, screams at her, you name it and he will do it and his mother will just stand there and in a cutey smiley too sweet voice tell him to stop doing what he's doing because a yiddishe yingele doesn't do that.
Ummmm..... How exactly is this boy who is all of 3 years old supposed to get the message if you are so high up and he is so down low?? What she needs to teach is that you get down to the child's level face to face and you make it clear that this behavior is unacceptable.
I have heard from another person how amazing her course is.... And she also has issues controlling her kids behavior.
I am very not impressed and I wish people would stop giving classes to unsuspecting people with shtissum.

dankbar

Post Fri, Oct 04 2019, 8:54 am
amother [ Olive ] wrote:
This is unfortunately a very wrong thing that people misunderstand from her, which is why I would recommend looking into going to her students. This is very false and the course actually focuses on getting in touch with what you are feeling.

Also, if a parent refuses therapy for their child, it is not based on this method. At Ruchy's class, she always talks about how important it is to take care of your child and listen to your intuition. If a parent feels that her child needs therapy then she should definitely send him. The main thing is to connect to yourself and try to do what Hashem would want from you at all times.

I actually marvel at how we hardly talk about 'giving love', but at the end of the course so many women express how they feel they can love their kids so much more.

Exactly the entire course is learning how to tune in to your emotions & realize what you are feeling when child misbehaves & change your negative emotions. It's more of a workshop with give & take & everyone sharing their success stories of how they implemented the new tips learned each week

amother
Olive

Post Fri, Oct 04 2019, 8:58 am
amother [ Slateblue ] wrote:
I know someone who took her course and I gotta say I think she's teaching wrong things. This person's child hits her, screams at her, you name it and he will do it and his mother will just stand there and in a cutey smiley too sweet voice tell him to stop doing what he's doing because a yiddishe yingele doesn't do that.
Ummmm..... How exactly is this boy who is all of 3 years old supposed to get the message if you are so high up and he is so down low?? What she needs to teach is that you get down to the child's level face to face and you make it clear that this behavior is unacceptable.
I have heard from another person how amazing her course is.... And she also has issues controlling her kids behavior.
I am very not impressed and I wish people would stop giving classes to unsuspecting people with shtissum.

Knowing someone who took her course is not the same as taking it.
It's also unfair to judge another's parenting skills.
Just because someone took it does not mean they mastered it, or even are working on it

As in everything in life, people interpret things very differently

dankbar

Post Fri, Oct 04 2019, 9:02 am
My child was 9 at time.
In middle of arguing with me, (me thinking how will he grow up, if he acts that way at this age? ) Then I changed thoughts ( without telling him a word) he is a good kid, he will grow into a tzaddik, he is still a work in progress.....Lo & behold....At that moment....He started windexing the table, without me asking him. I told him how nice it is of him, but why did you think about doing it now.....Why not? If I can be mechaya my mom?! I then realized how he is actually so connected to me & doesn't fight with me as a way to be against me!

amother
Olive

Post Fri, Oct 04 2019, 9:05 am
dankbar wrote:
My child was 9 at time.
In middle of arguing with me, (me thinking how will he grow up, if he acts that way at this age? ) Then I changed thoughts ( without telling him a word) he is a good kid, he will grow into a tzaddik, he is still a work in progress.....Lo & behold....At that moment....He started windexing the table, without me asking him. I told him how nice it is of him, but why did you think about doing it now.....Why not? If I can be mechaya my mom?! I then realized how he is actually so connected to me & doesn't fight with me as a way to be against me!

That's so nice! Always a bonus when our children reciprocate!

BTW I feel that another thing people have out wrong, is that they think success is if the child changed.

But truly, success is if Mommy feels good, if Mommy's feelings are in the right place in regard to Hashem. Because if our goal was to change the child then in essence it's another form of control (I'll change my feelings so that my daughter should...)

amother
Olive

Post Fri, Oct 04 2019, 9:08 am
I remember once going home early from a trip, that my children were really enjoying, because of the hygiene standards.
Once we got home, I felt terrible guilt for leaving early and could not get to myself. I even apologized to my kids. I could not get over the guilt.

Months later, at a party with my kids, I wanted to leave early as the music was too much for me.

My six year old turned to me and said "Mommy, I'm having a lot of fun, and if we leave early now, you're gonna feel bad like after that trip and you won't be able to sleep!"

He was SIX!

Kids know exactly which buttons to press!

At that moment it was crystal clear to me how I need to work on my guilt...

amother
Seashell

Post Fri, Oct 04 2019, 11:14 am
Yup! In every parenting course people need to choose which tips would work for her family and which won’t . Unfortunately, it seems that with this course some people really do take it black and white and it ends up doing more harm than good.

I too was very hesitant at first abt going as I heard soo many conflicting versions of what she teaches. A good friend of mine who knows my personality well was on the phone with me for close to an hour persuading me to go with her, and I’m forever indebted to her for that.

I find the things I love so much about it is the involvement every participant feels through openly sharing our deepest struggles. At the end of the classes what started off as a room full of strangers became my closest friends.

asmileaday

Post Fri, Oct 04 2019, 11:35 am
I can't remember who it was that said this (maybe Dina Friedman);
Parenting classes is like a grocery store. If you go shopping and there's an item you don't like do you leave the store without buying anything? No. You take what you like and you leave the rest behind.
Every parent needs to use sechel.
Parenting classes in general are a fabulous improvement over the parenting ignorance of years ago.

amother
Babyblue

Post Mon, Jan 13 2020, 1:01 pm
Bumping this. I am looking for a contact number for Ruchel Weiss. Can someone kindly post?

amother
Slategray

Post Mon, Jan 13 2020, 3:38 pm
Ruchel wiess is just about starting a class now here in monsey . By someone. Someone just recently formed a group.

amother
Floralwhite

Post Mon, Jan 13 2020, 3:45 pm
I don’t understand is Blimie Heller an offshoot of Ruchel Weiss?

amother
Ecru

Post Mon, Jan 13 2020, 4:27 pm
amother [ Floralwhite ] wrote:
I don’t understand is Blimie Heller an offshoot of Ruchel Weiss?

Not at all!! I personally took both and really liked Blimie hellers class! Ruchel was not my style

amother
Floralwhite

Post Tue, Jan 14 2020, 6:48 am
What’s the difference between their methods and ideas? I heard Ruchel Weiss is all about Trust.

amother
Aubergine

Post Tue, Jan 14 2020, 6:51 am
You know what I’m thinking- it’s probably like a shiduch- clicking with the person who’s giving the course. I didn’t try ruchel but did do blimys and she’s so authentic and I liked and respected her so much as a person besides for her course resonating with me- or maybe that’s why it resonated with me!

amother
NeonBlue

Post Fri, Jan 21 2022, 12:43 pm
Anyone has a number for new classes?

amother
NeonBlue

Post Sun, Jan 23 2022, 5:51 am

dankbar

Post Sun, Jan 23 2022, 6:20 am
You can look up her number in directory. She luves at 755 Kent Ave. 1st floor

amother
Crimson

Post Sun, Jan 23 2022, 6:37 am
following

amother
Green

Post Sun, Jan 23 2022, 6:52 am
amother [ Olive ] wrote:
That's so nice! Always a bonus when our children reciprocate!

BTW I feel that another thing people have out wrong, is that they think success is if the child changed.

But truly, success is if Mommy feels good, if Mommy's feelings are in the right place in regard to Hashem. Because if our goal was to change the child then in essence it's another form of control (I'll change my feelings so that my daughter should...)

I second this!!!!!!! I took the course but didn’t come away w this message!!!! This is something that would’ve helped me!!

amother
NeonBlue

Post Sun, Jan 23 2022, 8:25 am
So how does the course help? I do need my child to learn better, to stop lying, screaming, being angry at everyone ect.

If this course just helps the mom feel better, then why is everyone saying it changed there kids for the better?
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics