Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
Tell me about.the community

amother
OP

Post Fri, Oct 04 2019, 8:20 am
Tell me about the community you live in ?
We are looking for somewhere young people are moving to that's affordable and has a modern orthodox crowd.
Not big city type living. More like, big gardens and lots of greenery and space.

amother
Oak

Post Fri, Oct 04 2019, 8:25 am
Efrat is lovely. Affordable is relative.

amother
Aquamarine

Post Fri, Oct 04 2019, 8:27 am
We're in East Brunswick and love it.

One shul. MO. Very diverse and accepting. Everyone from left to right and real achdus. Relatively small 220 families. Mix of homes, all with large gardens.

Central NJ but an OOT feel. No pressure for fancy anything. Fifteen minutes to highland park/ Edison so able to piggyback on a larger infrastructure.

banana123

Post Fri, Oct 04 2019, 8:31 am
OP, you forgot to state country.... Very Happy

amother
Blush

Post Fri, Oct 04 2019, 8:31 am
Not sure what you consider affordable but we recently moved to west hempstead, which has a large modern orthodox community and a lot of young families.

FranticFrummie

Post Fri, Oct 04 2019, 8:32 am
What's your hashkafa?

Beit Shemesh Aleph is anglo, pretty live and let live, and comfortable for MO people. Lots of yards, parks, etc.

Beit it crowded, fewer parks, not so many homes available.

Gimmel is growing like crazy! Tons of gorgeous housing going in, and if you're looking to buy this would be the time to do it. It's still pretty dry as far as parks and greenery goes, but the landscaping will come after all the construction is done.

A friend of mine LOVES Carmiel. Mostly MO, a few anglos, and very green and lush. I know the main kiruv rabbi there, he's a real mentch.

Nahariya is stunningly gorgeous, but a tiny anglo community, mainly Chabad.

Maalot is way up north past Nahariya, very cool and lush forest atmosphere. More and more anglo families are moving there, but it's a smallish town. Still, their girls high school, Ulpana Tzvia, is considered one of the best in the country.

amother
Magenta

Post Fri, Oct 04 2019, 8:42 am
Op,
What country are you looking in?
What do you consider affordable?
What are you looking for in the community?
Are jobs/family (parents) a consideration for location?

amother
Mistyrose

Post Fri, Oct 04 2019, 8:49 am
Amother Oak, Efrat is super lovely and really affordable rental wise, but you need a car to get around.

I live in Modi'in. Tons of green space and affordable property coming from NY. DH and I tripled our space and pay the equivalent amount of rent. However, we're priced out of the Anglo neighborhoods (Kaiser, Shimshoni, Buchman) until I get hired. Otherwise, the dati population is mostly MO with a mix of Chabad and yeshivish. Kind of like the 5 Towns.

Ruchel

Post Fri, Oct 04 2019, 11:45 am
Can state several near paris. Mine is more city but still my windows give on a park and lake

mha3484

Post Fri, Oct 04 2019, 11:56 am
I am in Chicago itself (Not MO anymore really) but Skokie has a really nice MO crowd. There is a co-ed elementary school and high school as well as a centrist school that has boys and girls in the same building but different classes. Houses range from the 300's and up. You get a lot of nice public amemities like parks, libraries etc too.

amother
Natural

Post Fri, Oct 04 2019, 3:43 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Tell me about the community you live in ?
We are looking for somewhere young people are moving to that's affordable and has a modern orthodox crowd.
Not big city type living. More like, big gardens and lots of greenery and space.

kemp mill in silver spring, md.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics