Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions -> Inspirational
Anonymous Chizzuk

Flip Flops

Post Sat, Oct 05 2019, 10:48 pm
Anyone ever received chizzuk from an anonymous person who will never know how much he/she helped you?
I was in labor and I visited the bikur cholim room of the hospital. There was a man there with his kids, his wife having just had a baby. I don't even remember exactly what he said (and it isn't like he said much) but it gave me so much strenght. He was just so genuine and sincere. He'll never know what a zchus he has!!
Would love to hear other stories.

amother
Orange

Post Sun, Oct 06 2019, 12:20 am
A doula in Maimonides who stayed 3 hours past her shift to help me deliver my baby.

It was an agonizing delivery, and she got me through it.

I owe her tremendous hakaras hatov, but in all the pain and blur after the baby was born, I could not recall her name.

almostlettinggo

Post Sun, Oct 06 2019, 12:27 am
I met someone on the street when I was walking with my toddler who had severe eczema. She stopped me and said she knows what I'm going through and told me she had a child that was the same, and that eventually it gets much better and sometimes even outgrow it. I felt such tremendous chizuk. Like Hashem sent me a hug. At the time it was so hard on me, and I felt so helpless that whatever I tried I can't help my child. Felt extremely validated and understood.

amother
Taupe

Post Sun, Oct 06 2019, 12:59 am
I was a new high school student, really overwhelmed and feeling inadequate.

On my way to school one day I passed by an old man with a white beard, I think even in a wheelchair, and he met my eyes and gave me the most beautiful, encouraging smile. That smile carried me for many weeks and I still get tears in my eyes remembering it.

I have no idea who he was.

amother
Hotpink

Post Sun, Oct 06 2019, 1:21 am
I'm dealing with a few difficult nisyonos. My son needs a random medication to help with a fungal infection on his scalp. No pharmacys carry it. In middle of many life crazinesses im calling pharmacys, running around to different ones, begging people to help as he slowly goes bald. I called a random far out pharmacy who said he hasn't filled a prescription for this in 10 years and it's a very expensive medication so no one will want to fill it. But he said he will track it down for me. It took him 2 days to figure it out and I don't know how he did, but it was delivered eruv shabbos. I couldn't believe someone put themselves out there for me like that. It gave me so much chizuk to get through the other hard things in my life. It was a little kiss from Hashem.

amother
Aubergine

Post Sun, Oct 06 2019, 2:12 am
I was doing errands with my kids. One hand pushing the stroller, one opening a door to a store. One child pulling on my skirt and one pulling on my shirt. Cheerios spilling out of somewhere and what I hope was apple juice dripping from somewhere else.

An older woman came by and held the door for me. "The days are long, but the years are short," she said with a smile. "Hang in there."

I did.

1ofbillions

Post Sun, Oct 06 2019, 2:31 am
I switched schools in 4th grade. On the first day of school, I was absolutely terrified. I didn’t know anyone at the new school, and was very shy and self conscious.

One of our teachers had us pick partners for an activity. (Side note: teachers, please don’t do this when there is a sole new girl in the class on the first day of school!)

I remember the horror that washed over me, realizing I had no one to partner up with. A girl came over and partnered up with me, and I have never since felt as much relief and joy as I did in that moment.

bobeli

Post Sun, Oct 06 2019, 3:19 am
I listened to a speech about a personal story, I got the cd a listened often, it changed my actitud for the better.
Few years down the line I met the lady and told her

Flip Flops

Post Sun, Oct 06 2019, 4:13 pm
Bump - I wanna hear more!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Interesting Discussions -> Inspirational