Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Vaccinations
My son had a vaccination apptmt Monday

amother
OP

Post Sun, Aug 04 2019, 6:49 pm
...And then Thursday he was acting totally off. He had a fever and was throwing himself around in a way that was completely unlike him.

Scary, right?

The thing was..I never actually took him to the Monday apptmt. It slipped my mind! Afterwards I was so grateful--if he had gotten the vaccination I'd have been in a panic at his very off behavior Thursday. I mightve skipped future vaccinations. (In the end it was a 24 hour virus and bh hes back to himself.)

I certainly learned about correlation not necessarily being causation!

polka dots

Post Sun, Aug 04 2019, 8:37 pm
Thanks for posting!
I think that we have a natural instinct to constantly make connections in our head to make sense of the world around us.
The car broke down? What did we do with it this week that might have caused it
The baby has eczema? What did u eat today?
The child is misbehaving? Is he hungry or tired?
So when kids have unexplained illnesses like autism or adhd , where you can’t see it in an ultrasound before the baby is born or as a newborn, people automatically look for another event to connect it to. And right there is vaccines, given very often to an infant, as a perfect scapegoat.
We need to understand that as far as modern medicine has come there are still things that drs don’t understand why. Hashem knows that it is not yet time for them to make that discovery...

amother
Lilac

Post Mon, Aug 05 2019, 3:12 pm
My friend told me a similar story and I love to repeat it. A girl in Monsey had a drs appointment where she was meant to get some shots. She wasn’t feeling well that day, maybe had some fever, so the mother decided to skip. The doctor said it’s fine and she can give anyway. The mother refused, and didn’t give the shot. Her daughter never woke up the next morning. Had she given the shot, she would definitely say it was from that. Just proves again correlation does not equal causation.

polka dots

Post Mon, Aug 05 2019, 4:16 pm
Well my doctor told me that he had a patient who came in to get the mmr. The mother was really anti vax but decided to give mmr because she was under a lot of pressure from the school. The doctor came into the room with the shot and the child had a seizure. My doctor was so relieved. If he would’ve given it, it for sure would’ve been the culprit for the seizure.
Well..... go figure, the mom went around saying that the mmr is soooo strong that just by the doc walking in with the shot her child already had a seizure!

Einikel

Post Mon, Aug 05 2019, 4:38 pm
polka dots wrote:
Well my doctor told me that he had a patient who came in to get the mmr. The mother was really anti vax but decided to give mmr because she was under a lot of pressure from the school. The doctor came into the room with the shot and the child had a seizure. My doctor was so relieved. If he would’ve given it, it for sure would’ve been the culprit for the seizure.
Well..... go figure, the mom went around saying that the mmr is soooo strong that just by the doc walking in with the shot her child already had a seizure!

LOL LOL LOL LOL

ectomorph

Post Mon, Aug 05 2019, 5:55 pm
polka dots wrote:

Haha!!

amother
Purple

Post Mon, Aug 05 2019, 6:40 pm
lots of sugar causes diabetes
not everyone with diabetes ate lots of sugar
these are cute stories, don't get me wrong. but doesn't prove anything
definitely that some anti vaxxers only think in the direction of vaccine injury. but I have seen two times a child who I suspected vaccine injury and the child was totally not vaccinated. it didn't prove to me that vaccines are safe

polka dots

Post Tue, Aug 06 2019, 5:19 am
amother [ Purple ] wrote:
definitely that some anti vaxxers only think in the direction of vaccine injury. but I have seen two times a child who I suspected vaccine injury and the child was totally not vaccinated. it didn't prove to me that vaccines are safe

I agree, This doesn’t prove the safety of vaccines. This proves that people have preconceived thoughts and then they make the events after that confirm their ideas

mommy3b2c

Post Tue, Aug 06 2019, 5:23 am

Might I ask what you do for a living that you are responsible for suspecting vaccine injuries in children?

amother
Blue

Post Sun, Oct 06 2019, 1:39 am
polka dots wrote:
I agree, This doesn’t prove the safety of vaccines. This proves that people have preconceived thoughts and then they make the events after that confirm their ideas

Meaning, it proves that a lot of the "vaccine injuries" are not actually vaccine injuries, and that a lot of anti-vaxxers' "evidence" is actually completely untrue.

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Sun, Oct 06 2019, 6:10 am

What are you talking about? Lots of sugar causes diabetis? Um, having high blood sugar is a symptom of diabetis but not the cause, which is generally lifestyle and obesity and some genetics. Type one is also an autoimmune disease probably caused by our clean environment like many autoimmune conditions.

amother
Blue

Post Sun, Oct 06 2019, 6:21 am
This article really illustrates how anti-vaxxers warp facts for the sake of promoting their dangerous propaganda. They are not afraid to abuse parents' grief, and they are not afraid to lie outright.

https://www.nbcnews.com/tech/s.....57566

southernbubby

Post Sun, Oct 06 2019, 6:40 am
amother [ Saddlebrown ] wrote:
What are you talking about? Lots of sugar causes diabetis? Um, having high blood sugar is a symptom of diabetis but not the cause, which is generally lifestyle and obesity and some genetics. Type one is also an autoimmune disease probably caused by our clean environment like many autoimmune conditions.

Type one diabetes existed prior to our modern environment. Autoimmune disorders can occur as a result of the flu.

nchr

Post Sun, Oct 06 2019, 7:51 am
southernbubby wrote:
Type one diabetes existed prior to our modern environment. Autoimmune disorders can occur as a result of the flu.

There is very strong medical evidence that many autoimmune conditions and allergies have been induced by our clean environment. One being that they are extremely rare or non existent on individuals who are raised on farms, etc.

On another note, evolutionarily speaking, since medicine can now address many of these conditions and individuals do not die, the genetic components are being passed now, making more people likely to have such conditions. If medicine wouldn't be able to treat Type 1 D, then those children infected with it wouldn't be able to live and reproduce, etc. In a way, our modern medicine has allowed for people to be sicker because we can treat so many things successfully.

southernbubby

Post Sun, Oct 06 2019, 8:24 am
nchr wrote:
There is very strong medical evidence that many autoimmune conditions and allergies have been induced by our clean environment. One being that they are extremely rare or non existent on individuals who are raised on farms, etc.

On another note, evolutionarily speaking, since medicine can now address many of these conditions and individuals do not die, the genetic components are being passed now, making more people likely to have such conditions. If medicine wouldn't be able to treat Type 1 D, then those children infected with it wouldn't be able to live and reproduce, etc. In a way, our modern medicine has allowed for people to be sicker because we can treat so many things successfully.

I remember a story about a diabetic child that my grandmother knew but the child died.

If you look it up, it shows that type one diabetes had been first described in 1552 BC!!!

amother
Mint

Post Sun, Oct 06 2019, 8:36 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
...And then Thursday he was acting totally off. He had a fever and was throwing himself around in a way that was completely unlike him.

Scary, right?

The thing was..I never actually took him to the Monday apptmt. It slipped my mind! Afterwards I was so grateful--if he had gotten the vaccination I'd have been in a panic at his very off behavior Thursday. I mightve skipped future vaccinations. (In the end it was a 24 hour virus and bh hes back to himself.)

I certainly learned about correlation not necessarily being causation!

Had s/t similar recently. Child was due for vaccines but was just getting over a stomach bug and another weird virus. Dr said it’s totally fine even if she has a low grade fever we can still give. 2 days later we were in the PICU.

But we had decided to wait a week and give her some time so she hadn’t gotten the vaccine yet. And ftr she got it right after discharge and Bh did beautifully

Last edited by amother on Sun, Nov 03 2019, 8:49 am; edited 1 time in total

nchr

Post Sun, Oct 06 2019, 10:00 am
southernbubby wrote:
I remember a story about a diabetic child that my grandmother knew but the child died.

If you look it up, it shows that type one diabetes had been first described in 1552 BC!!!

I'm not disagreeing with you. However, there is a greater increase today, which many believe is due to the fact that we live in "cleaner" world as well as because people don't die of it today due to good medical care and medical advancement.

southernbubby

Post Sun, Oct 06 2019, 10:53 am
nchr wrote:
I'm not disagreeing with you. However, there is a greater increase today, which many believe is due to the fact that we live in "cleaner" world as well as because people don't die of it today due to good medical care and medical advancement.

It would be interesting to compare modern countries with developing countries in terms of childhood autoimmune disorders.

southernbubby

Post Sun, Oct 06 2019, 11:20 am
We also have to remember that prior to modern diagnostics and computerized record keeping, we don't know how many people had these illnesses.

amother
Salmon

Post Fri, Nov 01 2019, 6:25 am
southernbubby wrote:
We also have to remember that prior to modern diagnostics and computerized record keeping, we don't know how many people had these illnesses.

I tottaly agree. And that applies to a lot of things.
Take for instance community issues. People only knew what happened in their miniature shtetl so of course there are more occurances of the same type now.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics