Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
First Son in Boro Park School System
Previous  1  2

mom24.7

Post Sun, Oct 06 2019, 1:27 pm
Gan yisroel is way is way more modern than any of the others mentioned. More like veretsky but dif type.

amother
Taupe

Post Sun, Oct 06 2019, 3:22 pm

amother
Pink

Post Sun, Oct 06 2019, 4:21 pm
I send to YCS and am VERY happy.

Every school has their pros and cons. Your list is heimish, yet they are each on a different spot of the spectrum of how diluted or undiluted chasidish and Frum.

One option is to apply to all, and let them do the research and see if you fit in.

Another option is to ask people you know what they like and dislike. A parent may feel the tzinnius rules are to stringent but that is exactly what you are looking for...

I like to look at the graduating class. What does a boy coming out of eighth grade look like. Do you like the finished product?

I have stood in front of schools at arrival and dismissal and observe the students and parents. You get a feel for the crowd.

amother
Lavender

Post Sun, Oct 06 2019, 4:54 pm
amother [ Olive ] wrote:
Isn’t it very chasidish?

It's some where between Boyan and Stolin.

amother
Blush

Post Sun, Oct 06 2019, 7:01 pm
You can try Mosholo

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Mon, Oct 07 2019, 5:58 am
mom24.7 wrote:
Gan yisroel is way is way more modern than any of the others mentioned. More like veretsky but dif type.

GY didn’t accept us because we have smart phones and I wear a long wig.
I don’t call that modern at all.

Amelia Bedelia

Post Mon, Oct 07 2019, 7:11 am
Doesn't sound like Boyan is for you. Overall, Boyan is chassidish, although they may have a few chassidish lite families. I think YCS is the best fit.

amother
Honeydew

Post Mon, Oct 07 2019, 7:33 am
amother [ Coral ] wrote:
I will need to go as amother for this..
But I sent to YCS and Im thankful I moved to lkwd because I was not happy there as a parent or my sons.
So if you have other options look into those.
Good luck.

I will also go Anon for this. I love YCS. The parent body is nice the kids are good mostly (every yeshiva has a few trouble-makers) there is never an issue that was not resolved one way or another by the hanhala. (If a Rebbe is not a good fit or if boy has no friends) a LOT of kids are moving. Some to Monsey and Lakewood and those kids are being missed by their classmates. Some even keep in touch long distance. Some go to the same camp later on. The classroom is a mix with a small chup sitting right next to lange payes everyone accepts everyone. They play sports at recess and if you bring the ball you make extra friends lol

amother
Coral

Post Mon, Oct 07 2019, 7:50 am
amother [ Honeydew ] wrote:
I will also go Anon for this. I love YCS. The parent body is nice the kids are good mostly (every yeshiva has a few trouble-makers) there is never an issue that was not resolved one way or another by the hanhala. (If a Rebbe is not a good fit or if boy has no friends) a LOT of kids are moving. Some to Monsey and Lakewood and those kids are being missed by their classmates. Some even keep in touch long distance. Some go to the same camp later on. The classroom is a mix with a small chup sitting right next to lange payes everyone accepts everyone. They play sports at recess and if you bring the ball you make extra friends lol

Hi. I feel like I should elaborate.
I had issues with the pre school (I wont say a name..), She and one of my son's didn't get along..

Then in the elementary there was a lot of bullying in the classroom and on the bus.. when we discussed it with the Menahel , he kept saying he will look into it.. it was never resolved..
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics