Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Boynton Beach Florida- religious level?

amother
OP

Post Thu, Sep 26 2019, 11:47 am
Hi!
I am looking into moving to Boyton beach Florida and wondering if anyone can describe to me what the community is like.

thank you!~

amother
Blonde

Post Thu, Sep 26 2019, 12:03 pm
My in-laws live there, I was there visiting last summer, aside from the Publix and grocery store, there wasn't much specifically kosher. My father-in-law (not religious) drove me to a kosher store, but I don't recall where it was.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Sep 26 2019, 3:20 pm
I am not worried about the kosher food there because Boca is very close. I am more concerned about the hashkafa of the area. The shul online looks orthodox but I am wondering what the area really looks like.

amother
Navy

Post Thu, Sep 26 2019, 10:36 pm
Theres a nice chabad shul there pretty orthodox. Overall crowd ranges from modern orthodox to more liberal.

I believe the community there is similar to the Boca community

amother
cornflower

Post Fri, Sep 27 2019, 8:59 am
There are two shuls - Chabad and anshei chessed.
I think it began as a retirement mainly community, there’s a handful of developments that are not 55+.
Anshei was opened in the last 6 years or so - due to politics (although I believe there’s are anti-Vadxers so FYI)
Haskafically I think it’s modern orthodox, people coming from Long Island (5ts, WH), teaneck - typical modern orthodox - young israel type families.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Sep 27 2019, 5:01 pm
thank you soo much- that was very helpful- exactly the information I was looking for. My real estate person was pushing Boynton Beach and now I know it's not right for my family.

thank you again!

amother
cornflower

Post Fri, Sep 27 2019, 5:12 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
thank you soo much- that was very helpful- exactly the information I was looking for. My real estate person was pushing Boynton Beach and now I know it's not right for my family.

thank you again!

I have family members who live there who have mentioned that there have been several people who are more frum have been moving in lately… would you categorize yourself as such?

amother
OP

Post Fri, Sep 27 2019, 5:14 pm
its supposed to be cheaper than Boca and pretty close. We are modern yeshivish- or plain orthodox

shanie5

Post Sun, Oct 06 2019, 8:24 pm
amother [ cornflower ] wrote:
There are two shuls - Chabad and anshei chessed.
I think it began as a retirement mainly community, there’s a handful of developments that are not 55+.
Anshei was opened in the last 6 years or so - due to politics (although I believe there’s are anti-Vadxers so FYI)
Haskafically I think it’s modern orthodox, people coming from Long Island (5ts, WH), teaneck - typical modern orthodox - young israel type families.

Anshei chessed opened becasuse they outgrew the chabad shul and needed another option. The 2 shuls get along fine. My parents live there.

amother
cornflower

Post Sun, Oct 06 2019, 9:07 pm
shanie5 wrote:
Anshei chessed opened becasuse they outgrew the chabad shul and needed another option. The 2 shuls get along fine. My parents live there.

It was started because there were politics - it is true that it is beneficial that there’s another shul because the community has grown. I believe members within the shul get along fine, the leadership it might not be the case. (Several of my family members live there, and were early residents of the community).
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating