Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Pearl studs on shidduch photo?
  1  2  3  9  10  11  Next

amother
OP

Post Mon, Oct 07 2019, 1:29 pm
Is it the norm for yeshivish working girls to wear studs? I was surprised to see this on a picture sent to me with a resume.

ra_mom

Post Mon, Oct 07 2019, 1:29 pm
What's wrong with a pearl on the ear?

Chayalle

Post Mon, Oct 07 2019, 1:30 pm
It's considered classy and understated.

(but this is why I'm against these shidduch photos)

bigsis144

Post Mon, Oct 07 2019, 1:31 pm
???????

I'm so confused!!!

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Mon, Oct 07 2019, 1:32 pm
What were you expecting? No earrings? Gold earrings? Big hoops? What could possibly be wrong here?

LittleMissMama

A stud on the nose? Very cool and artsy just not my personal style. In the ears? Classy and pretty.

Your question? Kind of odd.

amother
OP

ra_mom wrote:
What's wrong with a pearl on the ear?

Nothing wrong - just my son wants someone very put together and I didn't think that this is what girls go around with, especially at this age.

amother
Gray

Post Mon, Oct 07 2019, 1:34 pm
Oy Oy Oy

No we are judging our girls based on the earrings they wear?

For shame

Proud pearl stud wearer, on my wedding day too

amother
Peach

Post Mon, Oct 07 2019, 1:35 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Nothing wrong - just my son wants someone very put together and I didn't think that this is what girls go around with, especially at this age.

What does your son think that "put together" means? Are you sure you aren't projecting?

amother
Gray

Post Mon, Oct 07 2019, 1:35 pm
BTW my BY type school didn’t allow dangle earrings. Only studs. That stick with me and it’s all I wear.

LittleMissMama

Post Mon, Oct 07 2019, 1:36 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

So you think it's too prissy or old fashioned? Are you afraid she's "nerdy?"

I almost wrote, I'm at a loss for words but truthfully, I'm not. I just won't share them. ugh

ra_mom

Post Mon, Oct 07 2019, 1:36 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

So say no because you don't like the earrings she chose that morning, what should I say?

amother
Yellow

Post Mon, Oct 07 2019, 1:37 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

Oh, and then, OP, your son will give his kallah a present in the yichud room- a pearl necklace, because this is the "done" thing in the yeshivish world.

Rolling Eyes

Honestly, I'd find it more surprising that you asked for a photo altogether, if your son is really looking for a yeshivish girl.

BetsyTacy

Post Mon, Oct 07 2019, 1:37 pm
I am clearly living on a different planet, or maybe in a different solar system.

So now, I need to know--what is the right answer to this question?

I thought that you could never go wrong with pearl studs.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Oct 07 2019, 1:38 pm
ra_mom wrote:
So say no because you don't like the earrings she chose that morning, what should I say?

Of course not. I will do my research like usual. However, it just gave me pause and made me wonder if it's suitable that's all.

watergirl

Post Mon, Oct 07 2019, 1:39 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

Please do this girl a favor and say no.

I really hope this is not what this is all coming down to. And I am with Chayalle, this is part of why I am against photos with resumes in the first place.

amother
Mint

Post Mon, Oct 07 2019, 1:41 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Of course not. I will do my research like usual. However, it just gave me pause and made me wonder if it's suitable that's all.

Please don't read into details like that. You have no idea how much the earrings in her picture reflect her personal style. This is waaaaay beyond what the picture is meant for.

amother
Mustard

Post Mon, Oct 07 2019, 1:42 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

she's wearing nice earnings. sounds very put together.

nechamashifra

Post Mon, Oct 07 2019, 1:44 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Is it the norm for yeshivish working girls to wear studs? I was surprised to see this on a picture sent to me with a resume.

Completely unsuitable! A girl who wears pearl studs on her ears would never make a good kind wife who would make your son happy. How could she?

BetsyTacy

Post Mon, Oct 07 2019, 1:47 pm
I know, I know, I can't actually answer your question but you have piqued my interest.
What does a boy in shidduchim think is a "well put together" girl?
Someone with a flair for style?
Someone who will rack up the bills buying whatever the Jewish world decides in style?

Inquiring minds want to know.
Page 1 of 11   1  2  3  9  10  11  Next Recent Topics