Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Rosh Hashana-Yom Kippur
Yom Kippur fasting made easier?
Previous  1  2

Frummommy138

Post Mon, Oct 07 2019, 10:53 am
Where in brooklyn can these pills be purchased?
Or suppositories? My pharmacy didn't have it.

amother
Khaki

Post Mon, Oct 07 2019, 10:57 am
is it safe to overdose on multivitamins?

where can you get shaklee performance?

amother
Red

Post Mon, Oct 07 2019, 10:59 am
Frummommy138 wrote:
Where in brooklyn can these pills be purchased?
Or suppositories? My pharmacy didn't have it.

They come from Canada ppl privately sell in ny. I bought it once and two pills came in a ziploc bag I was too scared to take them like that....

artz

Post Mon, Oct 07 2019, 11:15 am
they are sold in the kollel store at the customer service counter

amother
Rose

Post Mon, Oct 07 2019, 12:49 pm
where can you get shaklee performance?[/quote]

Shaklee performance is sold in most health food stores. Or check if there is a Shaklee provides in your area.
Amazon and Shaklee website have it too but that is probably too late for this fast.

amother
Ginger

Post Mon, Oct 07 2019, 1:45 pm
amother [ Khaki ] wrote:
is it safe to overdose on multivitamins?

where can you get shaklee performance?

Found these on an old post and got at the first number today.

hanna: 718-851-9478
esther: 718-972-1625
sara: 718-645-2744

amother
Lawngreen

Post Mon, Oct 07 2019, 1:53 pm
I think it's allowed to swallow an Advil or Tylenol without water if you don't feel well.

https://www.kosher.com/shows/v.....ippurTaking medicine on Yom kippur

talented

Post Mon, Oct 07 2019, 3:59 pm
You can buy the time release in KRM in boro park.

amother
Pink

Post Mon, Oct 07 2019, 4:15 pm
I find smelling essential oils helps.

Distraction talking to neighbors. One year my friend came over with her newborn and I put a mattress next to my couch and we both lied down and hung out the whole day.

Find neighbors that can play with your kids. Even if it's a 8 year old, sometimes they can make a "camp" for little kids.

Move as little as possible, even at night.

Have your husband check in on you every few hours. If you aren't managing he should stay home. As your rabbi, they often say this.

sarahmalka

Post Mon, Oct 07 2019, 5:48 pm
Great thread, thanks all for posting

amother
Ivory

Post Mon, Oct 07 2019, 5:55 pm
For a headache you can squeeze the skin between thumb and ring finger.

Also there's this thing where you breath in slowly (abdomen expanding) and imagine your breath going to the place that hurts. Hold while you tell the breath to gather all the pain. As you breath out slowly imagine the pain going out with the breath.

I just taught this to 14 yo granddaughter and she was so excited! Bubby! It works!

amother
Burgundy

Post Mon, Oct 07 2019, 6:02 pm
artz wrote:
you can get the time release fasting pills they come in caffeine, tylenol, and ibuprofen you take it before the fast and it starts to release 8-10 hours after and goes throughout the whole day. I have been using them for years. It comes from the toronto kollel but it is sold in brooklyn.

Be very careful.
I couldn't get caffeine suppositories this year so I dry swallowed one of these pills at 11pm on Tisha b'av night.
At 3 am I jolted awake completely wired.
Worst Tisha b'av ever!!!!!

ora_43

Post Tue, Oct 08 2019, 1:28 am
If someone is suffering from the fast

Step 1, for me, is making sure it's nothing serious. Hunger and thirst is normal. Extreme dizziness is a bad sign. (If you think you might get seriously ill, now is the time to ask a rav when you'd need to start drinking in shiurim.)

Assuming nothing serious - first thing would be to have the person lie down and try to rest or even sleep. If the person is me, dh would stay home from shul if needed. The fast is the most important mitzva on Yom Kippur, even more than the davening.

(But we get the kids new toys before chag so that it's more likely they'll play quietly and let adults rest. And older kids can also be recruited to help, if they aren't fasting yet themselves.)

If that's not possible/not necessary, I'd try distracting myself/them with a book, or a game, or conversation.

sky

Post Tue, Oct 08 2019, 8:52 am
Caffeine suppositories are made in frum owned pharmacies.

Tylenol should be every pharmacy - maybe under the generic name Acetaminophen I’ve gotten for kids when sick. And myself for fast.

pizza4

Post Tue, Oct 08 2019, 9:28 am
For those that are not putting up a chulent type dish, what are you preparing to give your kids as food through the day?
I'm thinking cereal and milk, pb sandwiches, room temp tuna patties, string cheese and fruits. What else can I give them that's substantial?

amother
Sapphire

Post Tue, Oct 08 2019, 9:51 am
I'll give the kids yogurt, pasta with cottage cheese, deli sandwiches, banana, cold chicken fingers.

PassionFruit

Post Tue, Oct 08 2019, 9:55 am
I keep my plate on and serve rice, potatoes, noodles
Also have challa rolls, yogurt, snacky things and treats.
Its yom kipper they can have basically anything they want if they leave me alone.

penguin

Post Tue, Oct 08 2019, 12:16 pm
Which essential oils? (I only have tea tree, eucalyptus, lavendar I think, are those any good for fasting?)

imasoftov

Post Wed, Oct 09 2019, 2:51 pm
artz wrote:
you can get the time release fasting pills they come in caffeine, tylenol, and ibuprofen you take it before the fast and it starts to release 8-10 hours after and goes throughout the whole day. I have been using them for years. It comes from the toronto kollel but it is sold in brooklyn.

When I was thinking about when to go to sleep on Yom Kippur night so I would have a full night's sleep before shul in the morning I remembered this post, and realized that if I took one of those before the fast started I'd be awake hours before dawn. In Jerusalem the starting time I saw for the fast was 5:40 PM, ten hours later would be 3:40 AM. I saw a local vatikin minyan that started at 6 AM.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Rosh Hashana-Yom Kippur