Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Vaccinations
Measles Complications from this recent outbreak.
  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next

amother
OP

Post Mon, Oct 07 2019, 11:29 am
Measles is not a harmless childhood illness. It often results in complications, many of which are severe. Since NY just experienced a measles outbreak, let's post some complications we confirmed occurred in the frum community to bring light to the seriousness of the issue.

10 month old (Monsey) suffered severe brain damage
Adult woman became blind

amother
Mistyrose

Post Mon, Oct 07 2019, 11:52 am
10 year old boy in eretz yisroel on a vent with permanent brain damage. Hashem yerachem Crying

amother
Puce

Post Mon, Oct 07 2019, 12:50 pm
Are we ignoring the flight attendant and toddler who died?

amother
Mustard

Post Mon, Oct 07 2019, 1:11 pm
I'm not on this site often but just went on and noticed this...
It can be harmful like anything else could be harmful such as strept, flu...
But what are the percentage of people that got harmed by measels?? Compared to how many cases??
And unfortunately lots of kids getting same results from vaccines too. So I choose to take the small chance of measels risks. And you choose to take the small chance of vaccine risk.

Also please have in mind that media blows up stories. I know one death that media was writing a lot about. This child was an unwell child that got measels and recovered. Little while got a different infection not related to measels. But media is blaming it on the measels!! Juicy news!!
So dont always believe media!!

amother
Lavender

Post Mon, Oct 07 2019, 1:23 pm
amother [ Mustard ] wrote:
But what are the percentage of people that got harmed by measels?? Compared to how many cases??
And unfortunately lots of kids getting same results from vaccines too. So I choose to take the small chance of measels risks. And you choose to take the small chance of vaccine risk.

Also please have in mind that media blows up stories. I know one death that media was writing a lot about. This child was an unwell child that got measels and recovered. Little while got a different infection not related to measels. But media is blaming it on the measels!! Juicy news!!

Do you really have that choice to make?

amother
Forestgreen

Post Mon, Oct 07 2019, 1:23 pm
....& toddler that nebach passed away was sick way before that—l know for a fact!
Had health challenges before !

& if it’s really true that women became blind-any silly dr should’ve told her to stock up on vitamin !Before that happens!
Just like take vitamin c for a stupid cold....
B wtvr-...

amother
Lime

Post Mon, Oct 07 2019, 1:31 pm
Young newly married lady deaf in one ear (monsey)
Someone I know the kid has worts growing all over since

amother
Lime

Post Mon, Oct 07 2019, 1:32 pm
amother [ Forestgreen ] wrote:
....& toddler that nebach passed away was sick way before that—l know for a fact!

& if it’s really true that women became blind-any silly dr should’ve told her to stock up on vitamin !Before that happens!
B wtvr-...

If people would have vaccinated then the kid would not have gotten the measles and yes those are who are at risk the immune compromised!! And u think everyone can tolerate vitamins and a healthy human being doesn’t need vitamins

amother
Lime

Post Mon, Oct 07 2019, 1:34 pm

Due to the child getting the measles which causes the immune system to lower that caused the child to get more infections. So yup it was the measles I know a few people that got measles and after the kids were sick constantly cause it kills the immune system

amother
Brunette

Post Mon, Oct 07 2019, 1:55 pm

B wtvr-...

This feels so cruel. What if it were your precious child that were sick? At one point it was my little girl. No one should live through those days. Only a callous person could say whatever, the kid was sick anyway. After all, what difference does a sick kid make to this world, who cares?! I hope you never have to know what a big difference a child, sick or healthy, makes.

Side note: Large/regular doses of vitamins cause cancer. It shuts down the anti-cancer biological response.

amother
Mustard

Post Mon, Oct 07 2019, 2:13 pm
amother [ Brunette ] wrote:

Side note: Large/regular doses of vitamins cause cancer. It shuts down the anti-cancer biological response.

Vitamins strengthens immune system to help fight disease. Cancer patients are usually low in vitamin d. Problem is doctors dont know enough about vitamins and reccomend wrong amounts and then they claim does harm.

amother
Chartreuse

Post Mon, Oct 07 2019, 2:13 pm

So any child who has health challenges is fair game for death and encephalitis, because it's not *your* child?

Any child with health challenges doesn't deserve to be protected, because it's not *your* child?

You basically said that my child deserves to die from measles. Because if it weren't for my child's health problem my child would not have complications from measles. So it's not the measles and it doesn't matter if your child gives my child measles.

Side note: My child has had both doses of the MMRV. And the health issue is completely unrelated and should not be influenced by measles or influence measles. And yet you would still connect the two.

amother
Chartreuse

Post Mon, Oct 07 2019, 2:15 pm
amother [ Lavender ] wrote:
Do you really have that choice to make?

Measles erases the immune system's memory. It's like you're a tiny baby starting over again, your immune system has to relearn everything, except without the protection of placental antibodies and breastmilk.

For two years post-measles you are at high risk of complications from every stupid little thing.

Of course it's connected.

amother
Chartreuse

Post Mon, Oct 07 2019, 2:18 pm
amother [ Puce ] wrote:
Are we ignoring the flight attendant and toddler who died?

Flight attendant had encephalitis.

All hospitalized measles patients probably would have died if we did not have access to the proper equipment. And at least 1 in 10 measles patients are hospitalized, maybe more. Overwhelm the system and you'll start seeing lots more people die.

Recent stats from Jerusalem hospitals:
here

When they say "not vaxxed" it means "did not receive 2 doses of the MMR." Some adults received the single measles vaccine, it was a dead vaccine and did not work and those who received it are no longer immune and need to receive the MMR, but for these purposes they were considered vaxxed.

amother
Lavender

Post Mon, Oct 07 2019, 2:18 pm
amother [ Chartreuse ] wrote:
Measles erases the immune system's memory. It's like you're a tiny baby starting over again, your immune system has to relearn everything, except without the protection of placental antibodies and breastmilk.

For two years post-measles you are at high risk of complications from every stupid little thing.

Of course it's connected.

Not sure how that was a response to my comment/question.

amother
Chartreuse

Post Mon, Oct 07 2019, 2:21 pm
amother [ Lavender ] wrote:
Not sure how that was a response to my comment/question.

Sorry, meant to reply to Mustard.

amother
Brunette

Post Mon, Oct 07 2019, 2:56 pm
Vitamins strengthens immune system to help fight disease. Cancer patients are usually low in vitamin d. Problem is doctors dont know enough about vitamins and reccomend wrong amounts and then they claim does harm.

I'm guessing you can do better at treating cancer patients than an oncologist. I should have brought my baby to you instead of Hopkins who Hashem granted the ability to heal.

Do you have any evidence that all cancer patients need to do is to take vitamins, specifically vitamin D? I'm guessing you do not know about Linus Pauling, the history of vitamins, when they became 'popular' and widely available, regulations, the follow-up studies etc.

All of these callous answers really hurt those of us whose children have suffered immeasurably. To be honest, it's erev yom kippur and all of these posters who think they have or had the magical answer to our children's illnesses cause pain to those of us who have already been through enough. I'm very, very lucky that my baby is healthy today. But, when we left oncology, we never forgot the faces of those we left behind. Your answers only say that you haven't been in our seats and I pray you never know it.

Sebastian

Post Mon, Oct 07 2019, 3:20 pm
Brunette. I hope your child has a long healthy life and you have endless nachas from him/her. Mustard just shows how selfish and idiotic anti vaxers can be.

amother
Babypink

Post Mon, Oct 07 2019, 3:45 pm

Lololol but only you know the correct dosage and amount to take, right?

amother
OP

Post Mon, Oct 07 2019, 3:58 pm

B wtvr-...

The woman did not become blind because of a Vitamin A deficiency. It was related to damage to the optical nerve as a result of measles. She saw the top opthamologists in the field at Columbia. This is exactly why we need this thread. Blindness is not just from a vitamin!!!
Page 1 of 6   1  2  3  4  5  6  Next Recent Topics