Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Pearl studs on shidduch photo?
  Previous  1  2  3  4 9  10  11  Next

seeker

Post Mon, Oct 07 2019, 4:24 pm
Troll much?

little neshamala

Post Mon, Oct 07 2019, 4:35 pm
I agree with pretty much everyone else's posts but I want to add one thing-lets imagine pearl studs really are "unclassy", and everyone here agrees. You do realize she may not even dress the way that picture makes her look? It could be she had cute beaded hoop earrings, that really reflected her unique inner self, and at the last minute she lost one, and decided to take the other one out too, but everyone convinced her she has to wear something in her ears, so her best friend quickly lent her her own pearl studs....

These pictures do so much disservice. You should NOT over-analyze them. The best way to get a good picture of the girl in question is to go out with her. End of story.

Signed,
Someone whose shidduch picture (rarely sent) was her pretty highschool yearbook picture which totally and completely misrepresented her.

amother
Tangerine

Post Mon, Oct 07 2019, 4:37 pm
I wore pearls in my Shidduch picture, along with long flowy glamorous hair. I am not yeshivish. pearls matched my outfit.

Metukah

Post Mon, Oct 07 2019, 4:43 pm
nechamashifra wrote:
Completely unsuitable! A girl who wears pearl studs on her ears would never make a good kind wife who would make your son happy. How could she?

Ita

amother
Linen

Post Mon, Oct 07 2019, 4:44 pm
Lol- my daughters school photoshopped her graduation picture- “removed” her dangly earrings and “replaced” them with delicate pearl earrings so - hey! Ya never know!

happyone

Post Mon, Oct 07 2019, 5:00 pm
wow!!! now are judging the jewelery girls wear? Glad we got past the bra size and height.

zaq

Post Mon, Oct 07 2019, 5:08 pm
The whole idea of shidduch pics is appalling. Maybe for the shadchanteh to remember who’s who (right, Chana Goldgrab is the curly redhead with the six younger brothers and Channah Goldfarb is the straight blonde with the seven older sisters and a ruby in her nostril) ) but for the prospective Chosson and/or inlaws? Horrifying. Whatever happened to shelter hachen vehevel hayofi, to say nothing of al tistakel bakankan ela bemah sheyesh betocho?

Ok, if once they meet there’s no attraction whatsoever, so be it, call the whole thing off. But at the outset? So not a Torahdik shittah.

Rappel

Post Mon, Oct 07 2019, 5:27 pm
Does anyone else think this post was meant humourously?

Raisin

Post Mon, Oct 07 2019, 5:32 pm
Just to say, I don't wear pearls and haven't for a long time. I guess they seem a bit old fashioned and out of style at this point. Maybe they will come back in fashion soon. But, also, to me they have a bit of in image problem - old ladies, posh hats, the Queen of England, twinset and pearls, etc. Very conservative.

Sandrine

Post Mon, Oct 07 2019, 5:39 pm
This post made me gasp - are we really doing psychoanalysis of earrings already? I sincerely hope it’s ironic...

Simple1

Post Mon, Oct 07 2019, 6:11 pm
My daughter's teacher actually advised the girls to wear something safe and classic like pearls to the seminary interviews - she had to borrow a pair just for the interviews.

zaq

Post Mon, Oct 07 2019, 6:19 pm
Goodness, I wonder what would happen if a girl wore no earrings at all. She would probably be rejected by the "best" seminaries if not all of them, which of course would mean she'd be rejected by the "top bocherim" or let's be blunt, the mothers of the "top bocherim", and have to settle for a plain, ordinary, nice guy who-- gasp--works for a living. And they'll have no choice but to live in a plain, ordinary, nice middle-class or maybe even working-class neighborhood and bring up plain, ordinary, nice kids who attend the local Hebrew day school and then go on to meet their basherters through friends or Torah Tours or something and get to know each other, maybe even before they go out on an actual "let's see if we're compatible marriage material" date, without benefit of resumes and espionage. What a horrific thought.

*****Sarcasm alert*****

amother
Cobalt

Post Mon, Oct 07 2019, 6:30 pm
I am not super yeshivish by a long shot. Pearls are actually in style . Even Cardi B has worn pearls.

If u need stylist proof https://assael.com/blog/cool-g.....ists/

Op, maybe people would understand u better if you explain what you expected instead of the pearls.

*Assuming that OP isn’t a troll or isn’t the ‘Bochur’ in question wondering style advice from guy perspective ...

SixOfWands

Post Mon, Oct 07 2019, 6:36 pm
Y'know, I thought that there could not possibly be a piece of jewelry that should legitimately cause someone to say DO NOT GO OUT WITH HER. Then I googled are pearls in style 2019, and found it. OK, I agree. If she's wearing this necklace, do NOT pursue the shidduch.

Hidden: 

amother
Cobalt

Post Mon, Oct 07 2019, 6:37 pm
SixOfWands wrote:
Y'know, I thought that there could not possibly be a piece of jewelry that should legitimately cause someone to say DO NOT GO OUT WITH HER. Then I googled are pearls in style 2019, and found it. OK, I agree. If she's wearing this necklace, do NOT pursue the shidduch.

Hidden: 

Omg. TMI

amother
Red

Post Mon, Oct 07 2019, 6:45 pm
I was thinking that OP is going through the resume pics looking at the young ladies shidduch pictures and noticing that many are wearing bigger and more expensive jewelry and this young lady is wearing studs.
Kind of makes me feel she is looking for a young lady from a wealthy family, although this may not be the case.

mlc

Post Mon, Oct 07 2019, 6:49 pm
amother [ Red ] wrote:
I was thinking that OP is going through the resume pics looking at the young ladies shidduch pictures and noticing that many are wearing bigger and more expensive jewelry and this young lady is wearing studs.
Kind of makes me feel she is looking for a young lady from a wealthy family, although this may not be the case.

Ohh makes sense .

Sandrine

Post Mon, Oct 07 2019, 7:02 pm
Oh my eyes! I cannot unsee that necklace in the photo . What is going on in people’s minds that they can actually design this stuff?

Librarian

Post Mon, Oct 07 2019, 7:15 pm
Thank you HKBH for my wonderful spectacular daughters-in-laws who I DID NOT see a picture of before they met my sons. Never asked for pictures - NOT my business! I am pretty enough myself don't need to live vicariously through my kids!

amother
Lime

Post Mon, Oct 07 2019, 7:25 pm
I owe dh an apology. He said women dress to please other women and I said that’s ridiculous, they dress to please men or what they imagine will please men. Clearly he was right.

Men, those lucky shlubs, dress to please themselves mostly. Occasionally, like at their own wedding, to please their mom or their wife.
Page 3 of 11   Previous  1  2  3  4 9  10  11  Next Recent Topics