Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Twins, Triplets, and more
Anxiety

amother
OP

Post Mon, Oct 07 2019, 6:39 pm
I’m 7 1/2 weeks pregnant with twins through IVF. So far everything looks great bh.
So why do I have such anxiety about this pregnancy? I’m terrified something will ch”v go wrong. It’s eating me up and dh is going crazy.
Are the odds of carrying twins to term high? I’ve been pregnant before with no complications bh.
Please calm me down.
Thanks!

amother
Peach

Post Mon, Oct 07 2019, 6:43 pm
All I can offer you is my own experience.

I had a totally uncomplicated twin pregnancy, didn't even know it was twins! Went full term, had an uncomplicated delivery and they were good weights B"H.

Wishing you an easy pregnancy and birth!

Surrendered

Post Mon, Oct 07 2019, 6:43 pm
Bshaa Tova.
Thank Hashem for this blessing of finally being pregnant, especially with twins.
Pray that all should go well.
Take one minute at a time, and Let go!!!

It's very normal to feel this way. But not healthy for you. You don't want the unborn babies to feel your stress and anxiety.

There's Tefillas Chana, with lots of beautiful Tefillos to be said at each stage in pregnancy, asking Hashem that all should go well, they should be healthy...
Look for it at the Seforim store.

May all go smoothly.
Feel good, take good care of yourself.

Gmar Chasima Tiova

little neshamala

Post Mon, Oct 07 2019, 6:49 pm
OP with my most recent pregnancy I had the most anxious feelings that something was ch"v not okay. (Wasnt twins, but the idea is the same).
I kept thinking and having really strong feelings, like a mothers intuition, that something was ch"v not okay. I dont often get feelings like this, but there have been times when ive sensed something correctly. So that made me even more anxious.
Anyways....the due date got nearer....I delivered....and....nothing.
BH I was totally wrong. The entire pregnancy. My feelings were off. BH a beautiful, adorable, sweetheart of a baby boy b"ah healthy in all respects. BH BH BH.

So really....try to relax.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Oct 07 2019, 6:59 pm
OP here. Thanks for your responses.
There are days I feel awful, and times when I feel fine. If I feel fine, I worry why I don’t feel pregnant and is everything ok.
I need to calm down....

amother
Aubergine

Post Mon, Oct 07 2019, 9:51 pm
Try to stay calm because the anxiety won't help the pregnancy. Are you using a high risk doctor? Try to take it easy physically and check your cervical length and if everything is ok by your ob visits.
Daven for everything to go well. Try positive affirmations instead of focusing on your anxiety. It is really powerful.

amother
Peach

Post Mon, Oct 07 2019, 10:09 pm
I tend to get prenatal anxiety. It's an actual thing.

Now that I've had it so often (to varying degrees with all of my pregnancies) I take my worried thoughts with a grain of salt. I know my anxiety is pregnancy-related, not actually anxiety ABOUT the pregnancy. That's just how it manifests.

I would suggest NOT trying to get more checks and scans than recommended, they will just feed your anxiety because almost NOBODY has a textbook pregnancy. Something will be higher or lower than average, because average means the center part of a larger range.

Doing things you find calming will be much more effective.

One pregnancy my symptoms were coming and going; you can imagine what a wreck I was! And of course when the symptoms were gone I was davening for them to come back, and when I had the symptoms I was davening for them to go away because I felt so miserable.

It's part of being pregnant. Just don't focus on it.

amother
Emerald

Post Tue, Oct 08 2019, 1:06 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
OP here. Thanks for your responses.
There are days I feel awful, and times when I feel fine. If I feel fine, I worry why I don’t feel pregnant and is everything ok.
I need to calm down....

When I'm worried because I feel fine I make up some excuse and go in and ask for an ultrasound.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Twins, Triplets, and more