Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Rosh Hashana-Yom Kippur
Didn't do anything for RH and now YK

amother
OP

Post Tue, Oct 08 2019, 12:47 am
I'm feeling like the worst person ever out there. I've had a crazy few weeks at work and have been stressed like crazy. any spare minute after taking care of my house and kids was spent on working remotely etc.

I took on a small kabalah before RH but didn't even feel the yom hadin coming. just continued with my life. nothing has changed since and now yom kippur is tomorrow. help! I'm just feeling like a really bad person. as a whole I'm a pretty good person. but I have almost know ruchniyus in my life (think almost never have time to daven etc)

not even sure what I'm supposed to do or feel. help!

amother
Teal

Post Tue, Oct 08 2019, 12:51 am
This is ME! Exactly!
I'm listening to my very first shiur on inspire by wire now. Feel awful that its the first shiur of the entire month I'm listening to.
DH is trying to make me feel better by telling me that all those things ARE ruchnius, but I feel like I'm getting off easy when he says that. I find making a cheshbon hanefesh and getting close to Hashem much harder.
Hope to be in shul a bit on YK, so at least I'll get some spirituality in my life.
Am also starting an additional kabbalah now.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Oct 08 2019, 1:01 am
amother [ Teal ] wrote:
This is ME! Exactly!
I'm listening to my very first shiur on inspire by wire now. Feel awful that its the first shiur of the entire month I'm listening to.
DH is trying to make me feel better by telling me that all those things ARE ruchnius, but I feel like I'm getting off easy when he says that. I find making a cheshbon hanefesh and getting close to Hashem much harder.
Hope to be in shul a bit on YK, so at least I'll get some spirituality in my life.
Am also starting an additional kabbalah now.

Can you give examples of what kind of kabalah's I can take on? even with that im feelign stuck!

I took on to always make sure to say a bracha acharona. its something I always have a hard time with getting busy with teh kids, work etc. paying attention to doing that I feel like I'll be bringing Hashem into my life more. but then I decided that's not the kind of thing I'm supposed to be doing???

maybe some kind of shuir would help but I have no time Sad

southernbubby

Post Tue, Oct 08 2019, 1:18 am
Taking care of the kids and the house is also holy. I do think that mothers should daven a little bit, learn a little bit, etc

my mama

Post Tue, Oct 08 2019, 1:18 am
If you're looking for a quick shiur sign up to meaningful minute WhatsApp or Instagram. They send out a 60 second video of insight every day. +1 (516) 668-3725. @meaningfulminute

honeymoon

Post Tue, Oct 08 2019, 1:27 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Can you give examples of what kind of kabalah's I can take on? even with that im feelign stuck!

I took on to always make sure to say a bracha acharona. its something I always have a hard time with getting busy with teh kids, work etc. paying attention to doing that I feel like I'll be bringing Hashem into my life more. but then I decided that's not the kind of thing I'm supposed to be doing???

That's actually a beautiful kabbalah! kol hakavod!

amother
Teal

Post Tue, Oct 08 2019, 8:47 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:

I listen to a shiur while I cook/clean.

I didn't do all of these at the same time, but here are some really doable ones (for me) that I've taken on. I don't know where you're coming from, and I'm sure some posters will question as to what is wrong with...but for me, these help improve my ruchnius:
1. Extra kavana during one specific tefillah in Shacharis
2. Say 2 kapitlach tehillim a day (just to keep me connected; I say it on the way to work)
3. Say morning brachos with extra kavana
4. Only make a bracha rishona when sitting down (otherwise it is easy to forget if I made the bracha, and if I made the bracha achrona).
5. To spend no more than 20 min a day on imamother (failed miserably). Starting today, I'm going to try going off until after Sukkos. I can use the time to listen to a shiur or spend more time with my kids etc.
6. Don't leave bedroom w/o socks (I try for bed, but red line is room)
7. No novels on Shabbos/Yom Tov
8. Only ready spiritual reading material (such as Parsha thoughts from magazines) on Shabbos. Later I expanded it to include true stories as well.
9. No reading news Chodesh Elul
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Rosh Hashana-Yom Kippur