Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Safe to take a newborn to EY this winter?

amother
OP

Post Fri, Sep 20 2019, 9:30 am
I'm expecting in the early winter and my sister is getting married in EY late winter or so ( they don't have a date yet).

Does anyone know a measles update? Is it ok to travel with a newborn to EY? I know its better, but are there still a decent number if cases? I'm so torn. They want me to decide soon. Thank you!

** This is not a vaccine thread. Don't move it to that forum or post anything that would make a mod want to move it.***

grace413

Post Sat, Sep 21 2019, 10:18 am
I have not heard of any new measles cases recently.

someone

Post Sat, Sep 21 2019, 11:05 am
A nurse recently told me that the outbreak seems to be over.

amother
Burlywood

Post Sat, Sep 21 2019, 11:07 am
As a nurse working in the centre of Jerusalem's chareidi neighbourhoods, the last case of measles that I saw was two or three months ago.

This time last year we were seeing new cases on an almost daily basis, and were very concerned about the exposure that was going to take place in shuls over the Yamim Nora'im. This year it has barely come up.

I don't have the most up to date statistics, and no one can say what will happen over the next few months, but I would estimate the risk of measles this winter to be a fairly low one.

Ruchel

Post Sat, Sep 21 2019, 12:02 pm
The thing that frightens me most is the plane according to doctors but I have the same prob

amother
Teal

Post Sat, Sep 21 2019, 7:48 pm
I did it last year in the middle of the whole thing.
My pediatrician said that only the people involved in the care of the baby should touch her. So I didn’t pass the baby around and keep kids at a distance as much as possible.
B”h everything went well

banana123

Post Tue, Oct 08 2019, 2:44 am
On the one hand it seems to be getting better. There are still new cases, but much less than before. However, keep in mind that many cases are not reported, and that in another week or two (14-21 days after R"H), we may well see a new spike, due to imports from Ukraine.

Is there any way you can minimize exposure? At the very least make sure you have it set up so that you can get your baby immunoglobulins in a hurry. I, personally, would nix the trip. But I'm a little weird.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Oct 08 2019, 3:34 am
banana123 wrote:
On the one hand it seems to be getting better. There are still new cases, but much less than before. However, keep in mind that many cases are not reported, and that in another week or two (14-21 days after R"H), we may well see a new spike, due to imports from Ukraine.

Is there any way you can minimize exposure? At the very least make sure you have it set up so that you can get your baby immunoglobulins in a hurry. I, personally, would nix the trip. But I'm a little weird.

Yes, I decided not to go. Between germs in the country, on the plane and the cost being prohibitive, I just dropped the whole idea. Mazel tov, sister.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics