Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
I got fired through a whatsapp message
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Tue, Oct 08 2019, 1:34 am
How unprofessional is that? It felt terrible to be fired, but how unbusiness like to get fired through a message! My boss is at least 10 years younger than me. Is this a new trend? Its awful.

BA

Post Tue, Oct 08 2019, 2:41 am
I never heard that happen to anyone else, extremely hurtful! good luck

zaq

Post Tue, Oct 08 2019, 5:50 am
Disgraceful, cowardly, unprofessional and rude. And those are its better points.

May this be a disguised blessing leading you to a better job with a menschlich boss.

JoyInTheMorning

Post Tue, Oct 08 2019, 6:19 am
I am very sorry. May Hashem quickly lead you towards a job that is better in every respect.

cozyblanket

Post Tue, Oct 08 2019, 6:39 am
That must feel terrible. May this be an opportunity for better things.

happyone

Post Tue, Oct 08 2019, 8:06 am
utterly rude and cowardly, no matter the reason. may this year bring on parnassah through better employers.

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Tue, Oct 08 2019, 8:10 am
Cowardly. Unconscionable.

Last edited by amother on Mon, Jan 20 2020, 1:24 am; edited 1 time in total

watergirl

Post Tue, Oct 08 2019, 8:53 am
Does the workplace have an HR person? I would report this to them. But my guess is they dont.

FranticFrummie

Post Tue, Oct 08 2019, 8:58 am
Perhaps Hashem saved you from an embarassing face to face encounter where the boss screams at you in front of the whole office, or something like this.

IYH you will have a new and better job soon, with a nice big raise, and wonderful new coworkers.

In the meantime, take a mini vacation, treat yourself well, and then SHAKE IT OFF. You are so much better than them. Don't let the turkeys get you down. Hug

amother
OP

Post Tue, Oct 08 2019, 9:06 am
watergirl wrote:
Does the workplace have an HR person? I would report this to them. But my guess is they dont.
no, they dont. The boss that fired me is THE boss, hr etc.
Im not upset that I was fired, but how he did it is inexcusable, in my mind. The place had many many problems in my mind.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Oct 08 2019, 9:07 am
FranticFrummie wrote:
Perhaps Hashem saved you from an embarassing face to face encounter where the boss screams at you in front of the whole office, or something like this.

IYH you will have a new and better job soon, with a nice big raise, and wonderful new coworkers.

In the meantime, take a mini vacation, treat yourself well, and then SHAKE IT OFF. You are so much better than them. Don't let the turkeys get you down. Hug
nah, it was a work from home position. But my boss even messaged me that he needed to speak with me and when would a good time be. Then I told him and he messaged me anyway. So unproffesional, in my opinion.

amother
Blonde

Post Tue, Oct 08 2019, 9:24 am
My daughter was fired through a text. One man business. Maybe they don’t see it as a serious business. Texting and whats app are becoming used for everything today. Lack of proper etiquette reigns.

urban gypsy

Post Tue, Oct 08 2019, 9:26 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
nah, it was a work from home position. But my boss even messaged me that he needed to speak with me and when would a good time be. Then I told him and he messaged me anyway. So unproffesional, in my opinion.

It is rude and unprofessional, but also understandable given the nature of the position
He is used to communicating with you via tech
What were you hoping to gain via a face to face convo?

yersp

Post Tue, Oct 08 2019, 9:34 am
Reminds me of the time I was fired from a job that wasn't even a job after six weeks working there. I ended up being a shlock shammas of sorts until I was sent packing
Officially I was hired to help out a certain area of this business. It was two businesses in one place, both working in tandem. It was a husband and wife business and I was hired to help out when the wife would be taking maternity leave and whenever she would need to leave early to take care of her family. All nice and dandy. Problem was there was no one to train me in. The Mr boss hands me about 5 very thick books with information on their products and study these he tells me. Ummmm...ok. He was never around because he was the installer/handyman all in one person. What should I do if a customer comes in? Figure it out on your own.... Ok boss.
In the meantime, the other business always needed an extra person to answer phones if secretary was away from the desk or someone at the register or filing papers: a shlock shammas.
The business I was hired for barely got any actual customers and I really had no idea what to tell them, mr and mrs boss were never around so I took their contact info and gave it to Mr Boss. One day, a woman walks in. I recognized her from the area, a real interesting person and she was asking a million questions. She saw a sample on the showroom and decided that this is the exact piece she wants to have. As much as I explained that this is a sample and she can order the same, she would not take no for an answer.
She finally left and I knew it, my career as a shlock shammas was gonna be coming to an end and I was right.
A few days later the boss of the other business that I was shlock shammasing for called me for a meeting. At the end of the day he fired me. The installer guy wasn't even around for this. And best part is, he admitted that he has no idea why I was hired to begin with.
I asked him am I being fired because of that woman? He said that she called the next day the installer guy and demanded that he sell her the sample in showroom because I said that it's for sale. Thanks lady! Because of her I got a better job that was so much better for me!
Good Luck OP! Better things are yet to come!!

watergirl

Post Tue, Oct 08 2019, 9:44 am
yersp wrote:
Reminds me of the time I was fired from a job that wasn't even a job after six weeks working there. I ended up being a shlock shammas of sorts until I was sent packing
Officially I was hired to help out a certain area of this business. It was two businesses in one place, both working in tandem. It was a husband and wife business and I was hired to help out when the wife would be taking maternity leave and whenever she would need to leave early to take care of her family. All nice and dandy. Problem was there was no one to train me in. The Mr boss hands me about 5 very thick books with information on their products and study these he tells me. Ummmm...ok. He was never around because he was the installer/handyman all in one person. What should I do if a customer comes in? Figure it out on your own.... Ok boss.
In the meantime, the other business always needed an extra person to answer phones if secretary was away from the desk or someone at the register or filing papers: a shlock shammas.
The business I was hired for barely got any actual customers and I really had no idea what to tell them, mr and mrs boss were never around so I took their contact info and gave it to Mr Boss. One day, a woman walks in. I recognized her from the area, a real interesting person and she was asking a million questions. She saw a sample on the showroom and decided that this is the exact piece she wants to have. As much as I explained that this is a sample and she can order the same, she would not take no for an answer.
She finally left and I knew it, my career as a shlock shammas was gonna be coming to an end and I was right.
A few days later the boss of the other business that I was shlock shammasing for called me for a meeting. At the end of the day he fired me. The installer guy wasn't even around for this. And best part is, he admitted that he has no idea why I was hired to begin with.
I asked him am I being fired because of that woman? He said that she called the next day the installer guy and demanded that he sell her the sample in showroom because I said that it's for sale. Thanks lady! Because of her I got a better job that was so much better for me!
Good Luck OP! Better things are yet to come!!

Sorry - whats a shlock shammas?

amother
Aubergine

Post Tue, Oct 08 2019, 9:45 am
My DH coworker, a talented hardworking man was fired erev Rosh Hashanah, though an Email. It stated: you're fired!

Rude and immentcich is an understatement.

yersp

Post Tue, Oct 08 2019, 9:50 am
watergirl wrote:
Sorry - whats a shlock shammas?

Lol! A person who does the work that people don't want to do or in my case a job was created for me. I was the extra person hanging around so when someone went on a break I took over their job until they came back.

Post Tue, Oct 08 2019, 9:59 am
OP
The silver lining is they can't dispute that they fired you. Apply for unemployment.

amother
Mint

Post Tue, Oct 08 2019, 10:39 am
Squishy wrote:
OP
The silver lining is they can't dispute that they fired you. Apply for unemployment.

Exactly! Make sure you screenshot it and email to yourself in case anything would happen to your phone.

mra01385

Post Fri, Oct 25 2019, 10:20 am
It’s unfortunate but this how the working world is today. It’s very competitive and business like. What’s in it for them. Many people are embarrassed to have a face to face conversation or even a phone conversation so they will text or email messages that they feel uncomfortable telling a person directly. It works the same way with interviews. Many interviewers never call back if they don’t want to hire you or they will have a secretary call instead to say the position has been filled.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics