Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
Seeking a recommendation for an oven with Shabbos mode

TranquilityAndPeace

Post Mon, Oct 07 2019, 8:49 am
I’m looking for a new oven.

It needs to be 30” wide, gas powered, and have a Shabbos mode. Ideally, I’d like it to have a setting that I can leave it on for two days of Yom Tov.

We hope to move within 1-2 years, so I would like to spend as little as possible.

Any ideas? Thank you!

amother
Tangerine

Post Mon, Oct 07 2019, 8:54 am
I've had my GE for ten years and going strong BH! It's a pretty basic gas model but it works well and I use shabbos mode each week plus leave it running for 2-3 days each Yom tov. I've used self clean a number of times before pesach as well with no problems. In general GE is reliable when it comes to ovens.

TranquilityAndPeace

Post Mon, Oct 07 2019, 8:56 am
amother [ Tangerine ] wrote:
I've had my GE for ten years and going strong BH! It's a pretty basic gas model but it works well and I use shabbos mode each week plus leave it running for 2-3 days each Yom tov. I've used self clean a number of times before pesach as well with no problems. In general GE is reliable when it comes to ovens.

Thank you! Do you know the model number by any chance?

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Mon, Oct 07 2019, 10:47 am
I also loved my GE but I got it almost 10 years ago so not sure if model number is going to be the same. Probably most similar to this: https://www.townappliance.com/......html

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Mon, Oct 07 2019, 10:49 am
Hashem_Yaazor wrote:
I also loved my GE but I got it almost 10 years ago so not sure if model number is going to be the same. Probably most similar to this: https://www.townappliance.com/......html

(I don't use it anymore, I left it when I moved. I imagine it's still going strong. When I moved into my new house, it had a similar model but in electric, and we're still using it....I've lived in my house for 5 years already and it was pretty old when we moved in.
That being said, I looked into switching to gas, and I was eyeing a Samsung model, but I don't remember what. The cost to put gas in the kitchen was prohibitive though, so we ended up sticking with the GE electric.)

TranquilityAndPeace

Post Mon, Oct 07 2019, 10:28 pm
Hashem_Yaazor wrote:

Thank you! The link you posted is not working; are you able to post it again?

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Tue, Oct 08 2019, 10:39 am
Huh! They must have removed it from their website in that short time!
This is it on Home Depot https://www.homedepot.com/p/GE.....21774

miami85

Post Tue, Oct 08 2019, 10:49 am
We've been using our Samsung for over a year now and have been very happy with it. Going from GE's complicated Shabbos Mode which I could never remember the steps, my husband says that the Samsung on is much easier (I just haven't learned how to do it, he's home and sets it up). I don't know the model number off hand though.

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Tue, Oct 08 2019, 1:30 pm
The only "Shabbos mode" functionality we use is the disabling of auto shut-off, not being able to adjust temperature on Shabbos, but once we set up the auto shut-off once, we never had to do it again.

tweety1

Post Tue, Oct 08 2019, 2:43 pm
Another vote for GE

ra_mom

Post Tue, Oct 08 2019, 2:46 pm
amother [ Tangerine ] wrote:

If you open the under oven drawer, you will see a sticker on the right side with the model number, which you can then give to TranquilityAndPeace.

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Thu, Oct 10 2019, 10:04 am
Chances are that after 10 years, the model numbers vary slightly, but you never know Wink

tweety1

Post Thu, Oct 10 2019, 10:22 am
Hashem_Yaazor wrote:
Chances are that after 10 years, the model numbers vary slightly, but you never know Wink

They do.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen