Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Miscellaneous
Rant - This is getting ridiculous

emanresu

Post Tue, Oct 08 2019, 10:43 am
I know it's Erev Yom Kippur, and I shouldn't be thinking this way. But I absolutely cannot stand the constant Tzedaka phone calls (I've already gotten 3 today) It's come to the point where I refuse to give a cent to an organization that calls me- it's just so bothersome. Especially the ones where they pretend to be a real person, or warn me to not "slam down the phone on them". I had my husband find out the company that does these phone calls, but I can't find their contact info to be taken off..... Does anyone know Tele-power's number so I could ask to be removed or at least call them up 5 times a day, preferably during bedtime or bus pickup?

southernbubby

Post Tue, Oct 08 2019, 10:53 am
Modern phones show who is calling so let them leave a message.

Mama Bear

Post Tue, Oct 08 2019, 11:00 am
I no longer pick up the phone when its not someone I recognize. I have an answering machine. and my phone announces who's calling. not only that, but with Verizon, any robocalls are marked spam. so, I only pick up when it's not spam, or someone I recognize.

zaq

Post Tue, Oct 08 2019, 11:32 am
So annoying, and when it’s a frum org calling Erev Shabbos or YT they ought to be thoroughly ashamed of themselves! The best thing is to have caller ID and not to pick up the phone unless you recognize the number. Or have a policy that you answer the phone only at certain hours or don’t answer the phone at all and only return calls if the caller leaves a message.

pinkpeonies

Post Tue, Oct 08 2019, 2:24 pm
I have a bigger issue with my CONSTANT scams than the frum organizations

tweety1

Post Tue, Oct 08 2019, 2:31 pm
Mama Bear wrote:
I no longer pick up the phone when its not someone I recognize. I have an answering machine. and my phone announces who's calling. not only that, but with Verizon, any robocalls are marked spam. so, I only pick up when it's not spam, or someone I recognize.

Now that makes sense! I didn't realize it has to do with Verizon. Another reason to pay a few extra dollars a month! I always thought how stupid of them for "spam" to come up on the I'd.

Learning

Post Tue, Oct 08 2019, 2:48 pm
I got the app Nomorobo few weeks ago. It’s supposed to block scam calls. It got much better. I hardly get any now. I’m on a free trial. It cost a little.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics