Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Allergic to many different antibiotics-now what?

amother
OP

Post Wed, Oct 09 2019, 9:22 pm
My daughter is allergic to 3 different types of antibiotics including the penicillin family.
Has anyone been through this before?
I have an appointment to assess her allergies because I am afraid of what will be if she can’t tolerate anything else. The only antibiotics left are not as good or have side effects.
I told my dd she just can’t get sick anymore.
I’m nervous. Please reassure me.

amother
Oak

Post Wed, Oct 09 2019, 9:25 pm
Is there any way to take an antibiotic she is allergic to with something else to combat the allergic reaction?

My aunt is allergic to penicillin, but took a penicillin-based antibiotic together with Benadryl.

amother
Black

Post Wed, Oct 09 2019, 9:27 pm
look into herbal antibiotics https://www.amazon.com/Herbal-.....r=8-1

amother
Brunette

Post Wed, Oct 09 2019, 9:43 pm
Go natural. God created many natural antibiotics. If you want to know the truth about modern medicine you will find it. Dig past the big pharma and its affiliates and you will be pleasantly surprised.

amother
Lawngreen

Post Wed, Oct 09 2019, 9:45 pm
amother [ Brunette ] wrote:
Go natural. God created many natural antibiotics. If you want to know the truth about modern medicine you will find it. Dig past the big pharma and its affiliates and you will be pleasantly surprised.

Another brunette- Do u vaccinate your kids?

amother
Ivory

Post Wed, Oct 09 2019, 9:51 pm
amother [ Brunette ] wrote:

Can not agree more. I used to get strep very often and was told by someone who's kids are allergic to penicillin that for stept throat she gives her kids apple cider vinegar and it heals it. So I decided to give it a try as meds almost barely works for me. So I took 1 T apple cider vinegar 3x a day mixed with honey and water. And recultured one week later and got negative results. which was amazing!

amother
Babyblue

Post Wed, Oct 09 2019, 9:58 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
My daughter is allergic to 3 different types of antibiotics including the penicillin family.
Has anyone been through this before?
I have an appointment to assess her allergies because I am afraid of what will be if she can’t tolerate anything else. The only antibiotics left are not as good or have side effects.
I told my dd she just can’t get sick anymore.
I’m nervous. Please reassure me.

Look for natural alternatives.

amother
Aqua

Post Wed, Oct 09 2019, 10:02 pm
I'm allergic to a few different abx. I'm BH fine. What are your concerns?

chasdie Hashem

Post Wed, Oct 09 2019, 10:32 pm
Go natural!yups-I second that-son allergic as welll & Bh lots succes naturally-dr says continue giving wtvr u give-b still under drs care making sure goes away ...

southernbubby

Post Wed, Oct 09 2019, 10:39 pm
amother [ Black ] wrote:
look into herbal antibiotics https://www.amazon.com/Herbal-.....r=8-1

Looks interesting but requires a lot of commitment. If you read the reviews, some courses of treatment using herbs took a year and also required dietary changes. It might work if someone is very consistent.

amother
Black

Post Wed, Oct 09 2019, 10:45 pm
southernbubby wrote:
Looks interesting but requires a lot of commitment. If you read the reviews, some courses of treatment using herbs took a year and also required dietary changes. It might work if someone is very consistent.
Those reviewers are probably talking about chronic resistant infections like lyme and such. I'm assuming op is looking for options for acute infections like strep. Those usually don't require more than 2-3 weeks.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics