Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Judaism -> Halachic Questions and Discussions
I forget year to year-sleeping with makeup on Yom Kippur?

amother
OP

Post Tue, Oct 08 2019, 2:15 pm
I know we cannot put make up on ourselves on Yom Kippur, but can we put it on before it begins and sleep in the makeup so it lasts until Yom Kippur is over? Thanks and sorry if someone already posting this question.

ra_mom

Post Tue, Oct 08 2019, 2:18 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I know we cannot put make up on ourselves on Yom Kippur, but can we put it on before it begins and sleep in the makeup so it lasts until Yom Kippur is over? Thanks and sorry if someone already posting this question.

Sure. Put on makeup like on a regular erev shabbos.

SingALong

Post Tue, Oct 08 2019, 2:18 pm
I usually put on before the zman and it lasts like it does on any regular shabbos. I put on less than usually though since I don't want lipstick when I'm fasting,m I just do chapstick. and I dont do my long lasting eye shadow base just regular shadow, it doesn't stay on that long

amother
Royalblue

Post Tue, Oct 08 2019, 3:23 pm
Halachically it’s fine. But personally I think that sleeping with a face full of makeup is...less sanitary and less aesthetically pleasing ( trying to use the most pleasant language possible to express an unpleasant idea) than facing the world barefaced as G-d made me. Especially on a day when we’re supposed to concentrate on the spiritual and let vanity fall by the wayside.

ETA to the person who hugged me: ok, I’ll say it straight: sleeping with makeup on is gross. As in disgusting.

And tbh, on YK nobody cares about your face because the real problem is your breath.

amother
Mistyrose

Post Tue, Oct 08 2019, 3:28 pm
Apply makeup just like you do for any shabbos and yom tov.
We're not allowed to apply makeup on shabbos either.

happyone

Post Tue, Oct 08 2019, 3:44 pm
what do you do every week?

amother
OP

Post Tue, Oct 08 2019, 4:15 pm
Thanks for your advice ladies!!

I don’t apply makeup on Shabbos, but every erev Shabbos I put on some makeup and sleep with it on so it stays for the entire Shabbos.

amother
Floralwhite

Post Tue, Oct 08 2019, 4:38 pm
It's a y"t! Not a day of aveilus
Get your glam on, girl.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Oct 08 2019, 5:03 pm
amother [ Floralwhite ] wrote:
Get your glam on, girl.

LOL Thank you!!
Very Happy 💖

amother
OP

Post Tue, Oct 08 2019, 5:05 pm
Gmar Chasima Tovah! Wishing you a ALL a sweet year and an easy and meaningful fast.

LovesHashem

Post Wed, Oct 09 2019, 1:28 pm
amother [ Royalblue ] wrote:
Halachically it’s fine. But personally I think that sleeping with a face full of makeup is...less sanitary and less aesthetically pleasing ( trying to use the most pleasant language possible to express an unpleasant idea) than facing the world barefaced as G-d made me. Especially on a day when we’re supposed to concentrate on the spiritual and let vanity fall by the wayside.

ETA to the person who hugged me: ok, I’ll say it straight: sleeping with makeup on is gross. As in disgusting.

And tbh, on YK nobody cares about your face because the real problem is your breath.

I agree...but I like makeup...a lot.
The things we do for beauty. But yes, during the week I take off my makeup every night.

amother
Powderblue

Post Wed, Oct 09 2019, 10:58 pm
amother [ Royalblue ] wrote:

Just curious, you don't put on makeup for shabboss?

amother
Cobalt

Post Wed, Oct 09 2019, 11:06 pm
Get your glam on, girl.

Yes! For heavens sake - it is a serious day but why did everyone in shul look like it was tisha b'av??

Ema of 5

Post Wed, Oct 09 2019, 11:23 pm
amother [ Powderblue ] wrote:
Just curious, you don't put on makeup for shabboss?

I’m not that amother, but I don’t. I don’t even own makeup. I don’t like the way it feels on my face. (I’m super sensitive, I don’t even like wearing my glasses, but I don’t have a choice cuz I can’t wear my lenses right now.)

allthingsblue

Post Wed, Oct 09 2019, 11:33 pm
Get your glam on, girl.

Lol
Happens to be I didn't put on mascara or eyeshadow because I didn't want to look like a raccoon after crying.

DrMom

Post Thu, Oct 10 2019, 3:13 am
Sounds gross to sleep in makeup and not even be able to wash your face for another 12 hours or so.

amother
Babyblue

Post Thu, Oct 10 2019, 3:56 am
I always put on makeup on erev yk so I look decent when I go to shul. This year I was actually wondering if there was something brought down about not wearing anything because I noticed that a few women had a complete bare face. BH it’s not an issue because it it were I probably wouldn’t leave my house.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Judaism -> Halachic Questions and Discussions