Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
BT family coming from OOT to visit NY - need shopping tips

amother
OP

Post Thu, Oct 10 2019, 7:15 am
We live OOT and are planning a trip to NY - really excited! We have no family or friends there so can't ask advice IRL. We're chilled yeshivish. Where would be the best place to go shopping for clothes for my teenage girls - Boro Park or Flatbush? Looking for reasonably priced but cute stuff. What are the best milchige places to eat that are family friendly and good? And grocery stores - looking for gourmet-type ones that have good takeout. And where's the best place to get candy for good prices?

Really appreciate your help!

amother
Mistyrose

Post Thu, Oct 10 2019, 7:38 am
I’m also bt oot. We liked spoons for milchig a lot and it’s in the center of boro park sprinkles for ice cream and waffles and popcorn.
My teens Dd liked junees they have few locations I think the Flatbush location is the best. What type of clothes are you looking for? I think talking fashion has this company that all the girls like that has these cute outfits and skirts and dresses for everyday I forgot the name.

amother
Gray

Post Thu, Oct 10 2019, 7:50 am
Junee has the new flagship store on 18 and it's absolutely fantastic, esp for teens.
Spoons is a great option (there's one in Flatbush and in BP) but not near Junee. There are a couple of great stores on 18 now, there's Story (a sister brand to Junee), Chichi from flatbush opened one on 18 recently, maybe by 46th street or so, there's a new fancy clothing store next door to Buckles, and a great new store across Mendel's Pizza/Goldbergs (between 49&50), I don't know the name but they have chilled stuff especially for teens.
Side note: Goldberg's would be most similar to Gourmet in that area.
I would walk 18 starting by Junee until Goldbergs 50th, then take the bus down 49th until 13, Oh Nuts for candy and Spoons for dairy are across either other.
Keep in mind that stores may not be open Chol Hmaoed, but I'm not sure.
Good luck!

ra_mom

Post Thu, Oct 10 2019, 8:21 am
Clover on 13 and 39 has good prices if you have narrow teens start there. There's a good pizza store and dairy food Table40 on 13th & 40th. And you'll be right at KRM for best prices on candy.
Also Fallon's and Junees for teens. They have various prices so you'll have to look at all tags. If you're near Junees Mendelsohn has great pizza and food.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Oct 10 2019, 6:58 pm
Thanks this is all very helpful!

justmarried:)

Post Thu, Oct 10 2019, 7:04 pm
enjoy! was going to suggest what everyone else said

amother
Khaki

Post Thu, Oct 10 2019, 9:03 pm
Shopping: Brenda's, story, Junee, runway,talking fashion, fashion island, emme, Rebecca modesty, elzee, tov fashion
Bakery: shloimys, team eden, sesame
Gourmet grocery: gourmet glatt, pomegranate, breadberry
Well priced groceries for candy: Goldbergs, krm
Interesting candy and confectionery : oh nuts, nuttery
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics