Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Rosh Hashana-Yom Kippur
What did you eat last night? How disciplined were you?
1  2  3  Next

amother
OP

Post Thu, Oct 10 2019, 9:26 am
I'll start.

After a water bottle, I had left over watermelon from erev yt. I had read fruit is a good way to start. Then we had chicken soup with quinoa and chunks of chicken and veggies. Patted ourselves on the back for our moderation and each had a teeny piece of dark chocolate and some iced decaf. Sounds good, right?

But over the next 3 hours I had: celery, apple cake, alcoholic cider, ice cream, cherry tomatoes, more chicken. ...

OOTforlife

Post Thu, Oct 10 2019, 9:38 am
I wasn't trying to be particularly disciplined. I had a bagel with cream cheese and lox. And some pretzels with peanut butter. And two cups of coffee with milk for my splitting caffeine headache.

southernbubby

Post Thu, Oct 10 2019, 10:48 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I'll start.

After a water bottle, I had left over watermelon from erev yt. I had read fruit is a good way to start. Then we had chicken soup with quinoa and chunks of chicken and veggies. Patted ourselves on the back for our moderation and each had a teeny piece of dark chocolate and some iced decaf. Sounds good, right?

But over the next 3 hours I had: celery, apple cake, alcoholic cider, ice cream, cherry tomatoes, more chicken. ...

Shame on you...
For not inviting me Very Happy

Ema of 5

Post Thu, Oct 10 2019, 10:50 am
I just had some vegetables and some potatoes....I wasn’t feeling very well.

amother
Seagreen

Post Thu, Oct 10 2019, 10:56 am
I had A LOT of bagels and cream cheese. In my defense, the bagels were less the chewy dense ones and more the roll kind. I didn't count, but it was definitely at least 3. I probably would have had more, but we ran out. I also had a few pieces of whole wheat rye bread with cheese.

Then I had a few chocolate rugelach.

And then I had a milchig chocolate bar and a few pieces of pareve.

(What discipline?)

amother
Blue

Post Thu, Oct 10 2019, 10:56 am
I ate a piece of cake, then orange juice, than a bag of corn chips that I was craving all day.
Yum!!! In the past I've broken my fasts on laffy taffies and fruit roll ups.

amother
Cerulean

Post Thu, Oct 10 2019, 11:07 am
Discipline isn’t a word I associate with post YK. I’m never feeling well enough to eat very much. I had a bagel and cream cheese and it was more than enough

Tzutzie

Post Thu, Oct 10 2019, 11:14 am
A few sips of water. Then another few.
Than a A very light minimal milk coffee (both give my baby a tummy ache.)
2 honey cookies a bite of cohosh cake a bite of bundt cake.

I felt slightly light headed and like my head is suspended mid air a few inches above my neck. Omg that was so so so weird! I'm assuming the sugar did it...

Then 1.5 hours later we did post yom kipur seuda.
Washed on challah, had some challah and half a portion fish and lots of warm yummy chicken soup.

My husand had similar. But he had more cake and juice. No coffee and he had challah dip and chicken with farfel and mashed potatoes.

icedcoffee

Post Thu, Oct 10 2019, 11:17 am
We had chicken soup and rice ready but I was so not in the mood for that once the time came. I ended up breaking the fast with like six oreos, then had the actual dinner, then around midnight we felt hungry again and made nachos Smile

Growing up we always did the classic bagels / cream cheese / lox / egg salad etc spread and I think that's way more palatable than meat right after the fast. Now my husband's minhag is to not even have fish and dairy together haha goodbye to bagels with lox and cream cheese Sad

amother
OP

Post Thu, Oct 10 2019, 11:18 am
southernbubby wrote:
Shame on you...
For not inviting me Very Happy

I would have loved to. But I am assuming you don't live in the UWS? What in this litany appealed to you the most or was it the absolute randomness of it?

southernbubby

Post Thu, Oct 10 2019, 11:28 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I would have loved to. But I am assuming you don't live in the UWS? What in this litany appealed to you the most or was it the absolute randomness of it?

I am currently in Crown Heights but I was still eating when everyone else was in bed so it would have been fun to do it with someone else especially with your line up of goodies.

banana123

Post Thu, Oct 10 2019, 12:09 pm
3 pieces of lasagna, a piece of coffee cake, 2 small pieces of honey cake. And like 8 cups of water.

amother
Slategray

Post Thu, Oct 10 2019, 12:39 pm
I never have self control, never mind after a fast!
I ate coffee, cake, challah Surprised Surprised

hodeez

Post Thu, Oct 10 2019, 12:42 pm
I had a cup of coffee, like 5 honey cookies, bowl of chicken soup, 1 potato boureka.

Not gonna tell you about that gummy bear I snuck.. Wink

SixOfWands

Post Thu, Oct 10 2019, 12:44 pm
I try to eat mindfully. Not with "discipline," but not stuffing myself just because its there.

I had a flat bagel (personal preference) with cream cheese and lox, a couple of tablespoons of whitefish salad, and lots and lots of liquids. I think I drank 8 cups between break fast and bedtime.

amother
Wheat

Post Thu, Oct 10 2019, 12:49 pm
On YK I'm always cold and not very hungry. Then when I eat something, it's like the engine restarts and starts demanding more fuel.

tigerwife

Post Thu, Oct 10 2019, 12:50 pm
I broke the fast on a coffee and cake, and also drank a water bottle and a cup of orange juice. Then two slices of challah and a bowl of chicken soup. I ate until full and did not overdo it.

At around midnight I had lots of popcorn and an Italian ices. Oh well.

amother
Pewter

Post Thu, Oct 10 2019, 12:52 pm
I ate a bunch of cheese borekas and drank some wine. The wine and the dairy were both awful ideas for my system. I feel rotten today.

amother
Oak

Post Thu, Oct 10 2019, 12:57 pm
I had to go to the Mikva and therefore I had a roll and cream cheese and a coffee. And the. I had to leave. And then I had gummy fish at 2 am because I was starving.

perry2020

Post Thu, Oct 10 2019, 12:57 pm
Started out with coffee and chocolates late and then binged on chips and junk. Horrible decision. I ended up with the worst headache and threw up. I feel horrible today too. They say the best thing to break your fast is on a bland piece of challah dipped in honey. I'll know better now!
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Rosh Hashana-Yom Kippur