Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Sephardic communities in Baltimore?

cuterpatooter

Post Thu, Oct 10 2019, 11:03 am
Hello there!
We are seriously considering moving to Baltimore. I was wondering what the Sephardic scene is over there? How many shuls are there, and what neighborhoods are they in?
Any info would be appreciated!
Thanks

amother
Beige

Post Thu, Oct 10 2019, 11:08 am
misrael wrote:
Hello there!
We are seriously considering moving to Baltimore. I was wondering what the Sephardic scene is over there? How many shuls are there, and what neighborhoods are they in?
Any info would be appreciated!
Thanks

A beautiful and huge community! One of the shuls is actually breaking ground now on a building because they have very quickly outgrown their space. Look in the Park Heights area and the Seven Mile area. There is a massive Persian shul on Park Heights and Fallstaff, a wonderful Israeli sefardic shul on Seven Mile, and the new one is in the Seven Mile area. Its incredible. Also, most of the Jewish establishments in town are Sefardic owned.

cuterpatooter

Post Thu, Oct 10 2019, 11:52 am
Oh wow thanks! That's great. park heights and seven mile would be the areas closest to those shuls, than? What is the general age range?

amother
Beige

Post Thu, Oct 10 2019, 12:31 pm
misrael wrote:
Oh wow thanks! That's great. park heights and seven mile would be the areas closest to those shuls, than? What is the general age range?

All ages! Its amazing. More communities should be like this. No, I am not sefardic. By the way, I live very close to the big Persian shul and the Israeli shul - and the house across the street from me will be for sale or rent in a year (or sooner) and we would love more frum people on our block.... semi detached and she is asking $189,000 (will go down) or $1450/month...

amother
Purple

Post Thu, Oct 10 2019, 1:07 pm
BEIGE is right. There is a large sefardi presence in Baltimore. But they are fully b'achdus with the ashkenazim. Although they may have their own shuls (and I believe there are more than the 3 listed, but those are the main ones), the sefardim go to the same schools.
And yes, many of the frum establishments are owned and run by the sefardim in the community.
Full age range. I know elderly, middle aged and young married sefardim in town. My kids have sefardi classmates in the preschool->high school age range.

amother
Indigo

Post Sun, Nov 10 2019, 1:30 am
for non semi hosues I think they are around 300k in the seven mile area but I'm not sure.

There is a big sefardi shul looking to build in the pickwick area. houses there are going for 450k I think.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating