Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> In the News
Close to Home

brat_islava

Post Thu, Oct 10 2019, 9:11 am
Did not see any threads on this so I'll be the first.
What do you think about this, especially if you are in Europe?
Do Frum Jews and Jews living in Germany in general bring this risk upon themselves because a country once full of Nazis will always be anti-Semitic or do you hold a different opinion?
https://vosizneias.com/2019/10.....arby/

sequoia

Post Thu, Oct 10 2019, 9:11 am
No.

We have so many more shootings in America.

brat_islava

Post Thu, Oct 10 2019, 9:13 am
But not really Anti-Semitic shootings though? Although there was one recently right?
Germany is supposed to be a Safe Haven for Jews....

ra_mom

Post Thu, Oct 10 2019, 9:14 am
Terrible!!

pause

Post Thu, Oct 10 2019, 9:24 am
This also shows why security is so important. He tried to force his way in with bullets and Molotov cocktails but was not successful. It ch"v could have been way worse.

brat_islava

Post Thu, Oct 10 2019, 9:27 am
pause wrote:
This also shows why security is so important. He tried to force his way in with bullets and Molotov cocktails but was not successful. It ch"v could have been way worse.

yeah for sure
but it is still very unsettling, he could have rammed through the door with his car
and they are saying in some news sources here that the attack was perpetrated by a group and there are still many on the lose.

SixOfWands

Post Thu, Oct 10 2019, 9:31 am
brat_islava wrote:
But not really Anti-Semitic shootings though? Although there was one recently right?

Have you forgotten the Tree of Life Synagogue so quickly? Or Poway? These were just last (jewish) year in the US.

That said, right wing violence is certainly increasing greatly in Germany.

Interesting opinion (note OPINION) piece in the NY Times today, A Synagogue Attack Shocks Germany. But Why?: https://www.nytimes.com/2019/1......html

Quote:
These days, whenever a crime occurs in Germany, social media heats up quickly, as both right-wing-populists and liberals immediately claim the event as a building block in their respective ideological struggles. The far-right Alternative for Germany party is constantly searching for “evidence” to support its belief that immigration is a threat to German society. Liberals, in contrast, look for evidence to exculpate immigrants and cast blame on the right.

A woman and her son are pushed in front of a train in Frankfurt? What’s the nationality of the perpetrator? A man is shot on his porch in Hessen? Was he pro-immigration? It was no different yesterday, after the news of the assault in Halle broke. Was this Arab or German anti-Semitism? seems to have been the first question for many, instead of: what really happened and how could it have been prevented?

In this vain struggle, one group often goes missing: Germany’s Jews. The rise in anti-Semitic violence does not fit easily into either narrative; the social media attention is more muted, and the events tend to pass with little comment.

brat_islava

Post Thu, Oct 10 2019, 10:13 am
Anyone here from Germany willing to weigh in on this?

ichbingreit

Post Thu, Oct 10 2019, 11:21 am
I was born and lived in germany throughout hisgchool currently live in Brooklyn for some few years and its absolutely crazy. Really most of the jew haters are muslims so this is kind of surprising. but that place where it happened is known to be a low social class and very nationalistic part of germany. Still it is absolutely shocking and BH Hakadosh Baruch Hu mazileini miudom....I was speaking to my friend from germany last night saying that europe is really not safe
but what is safe?
isreal?
america that used to be a safe haven for jews for the past century ( mostly assimilated everyone though) but nowadays you hear of the same things here.... the shooting in pittsburg claimed many more victims..
bH no Yid was harmed.
But still... its a scary world and the only way to deal with the anxiety of just living is to put our faith and trust in the ONLY ONE that can protect us and try to live safe lives....

DrMom

Post Thu, Oct 10 2019, 11:26 am
brat_islava wrote:

That's news to me.

ichbingreit

Post Thu, Oct 10 2019, 11:36 am
and I just wanna add that the Germans were not the first or last Jew haters and murderers. of course r"l it was the biggest tragedy in our history but ask any holocaust survivor from poland, hungary or anywhere else how the natives treated them. they were just as happy to shoot and skin any jew alive....man or child. unfortunately with all the liberalism and moral degeneration of society its more a political level now but unfortunately there is antisemitism even in New york.
Esav sonei leyaakov. we have it black on white.
for some reason we cannot understand Hashem decided that this is the fate of our people. to be hated wherever we go.
throughout my life I have been made to feel guilty for being born in Germany...as if I had any say as a fetus.
but the truth is theres no reason to be all " I told you so" the germans are evil.
This is not about the germans.....neither about the muslims.
and if you are a real maamin thats what you gotta believe....
its hard
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics