Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women -> Work at Home Mothers
Zelle or venmo?

amother
OP

Post Thu, Oct 10 2019, 2:03 pm
Hi! Starting a business from home and wondering which app is better for me and my customers? I would rather not have to pay a fee if I don't have to

amother
Vermilion

Post Thu, Oct 10 2019, 2:08 pm
Venmo is not intended for business use. They will give you zero protections. And if they flag you as a business, they can close your account and return all of the payments to the senders.

I don't know if Zelle will either.

If you want Venmo with protections, use PayPal checkout or Braintree. There are fees, but that's what covers them guaranteeing you'll get your money.

TwinsMommy

Post Thu, Oct 10 2019, 2:15 pm
I use propay.

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Thu, Oct 10 2019, 2:56 pm
Best to get a few as different people have different apps. Zelle is very popular.

mha3484

Post Thu, Oct 10 2019, 3:55 pm
Zelle Pay is attached your bank account. All of the major banks use it so I cant see what the issue is. I assume you are opening a business banking account and not using your personal checking account. Then I can see it getting confusing and hard to keep track of from a book keeoping perspective.

amother
Vermilion

Post Thu, Oct 10 2019, 4:14 pm
This will work fine as long as you 100% trust your customers. Otherwise you can lose your money.

mha3484

Post Thu, Oct 10 2019, 4:23 pm
You can also use intuit which is through quickbooks. I believe they take 1% of your payment. I pay one of my vendors this way. She sends an invoice and I pay it through a link online.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Working Women -> Work at Home Mothers