Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Our Challenging Children (gifted, ADHD, sensitive, defiant)
2E child struggling with chavrusa learning

mha3484

Post Fri, Oct 11 2019, 10:52 am
I am trying to feel something out so please understand that I am not being judgy at all. Just want to work through my feelings so I can decide if I want to talk to my sons rebbe or leave it alone.

My son is 2E in 3rd grade in a regular classroom. His real strength is Judaic studies. He can learn material years ahead of the class. They started doing chavrusa learning and it seems that the rebbe purposely paired up the stronger students with the weaker ones.

I want my son to learn kindness, humility and understand that some kids dont have such an easy time in school but hes complaining he does not want to be someone tutor and I think the kid he is paired with kind of resents it too.

I worry that my son is not going to be challenged and go back to past behavioral issues and also I feel bad for the kid who probably does not feel so great about himself learning with a kid who is years ahead of the grade. If anyone was on either side of the coin what was your experience? What would you do?

amother
Orchid

Post Fri, Oct 11 2019, 11:48 am
Definitely talk to his rebbi & address your concerns exactly how you described it here. Wishing you & your son a successful year!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Our Challenging Children (gifted, ADHD, sensitive, defiant)