Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Succos
My Children dont have what to wear for Yom Tov
1  2  3  Next

amother
OP

Post Fri, Oct 11 2019, 2:28 pm
Bank account is empty and my children have nothing to wear.
I spent the last few weeks running around trying to find something cheap but now its almost Yom Tov and I havent found something.
Last years is too small.
Not sure what I want from all of you but it so crazy stressful to live without enough income.
I hope this year, my family and all of klal yisrael were inscribed to a year of health, nachas and enough parnassah!
Just a vent.

allthingsblue

Post Fri, Oct 11 2019, 2:30 pm
That's really disheartening.
How old are your kids? What sizes?

ra_mom

Post Fri, Oct 11 2019, 2:30 pm
Are you in Brooklyn? What sizes?

amother
Periwinkle

Post Fri, Oct 11 2019, 2:31 pm
Where do you live and what sizes are your kids? I have girls clothes in good condition in Lakewood

watergirl

Post Fri, Oct 11 2019, 2:31 pm
What are their sizes? Lots of good finds on Amazon. If you have in your account for something cheap like you mentioned in your OP, Amazon may be a good place to shop. I know they have so many nice girls dresses, new white shirts for boys, boys pants... And it will get to you by Sunday.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Oct 11 2019, 2:32 pm
allthingsblue wrote:
That's really disheartening.
How old are your kids? What sizes?

People on here know me. I dont feel comfortable exposing myself by writing genders and ages.
Especially because most people think we are very comfortable, as we were up until a year ago.

ra_mom

Post Fri, Oct 11 2019, 2:35 pm
You don't have to tell me who you are you can post an anonymous email address.

watergirl

Post Fri, Oct 11 2019, 2:35 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
People on here know me. I dont feel comfortable exposing myself by writing genders and ages.
Especially because most people think we are very comfortable, as we were up until a year ago.

There are more users on here than you may realize, by posting just their genders and ages, no one will have enough info to figure you out...

amother
Slateblue

Post Fri, Oct 11 2019, 2:39 pm
I've given away clothing on Facebook groups many times. I don't ever see the person. I tell the person I am putting a black bag with the items in my building's front door and give them the address and they come take it. I never see them and they don't see me, I don't give them my apartment number. If you need size 10, 12 girl clothing, I have some really nice stuff. If you make an anonymous email account I could send you pictures of the clothing.

May you have much bracha, hatzlocha and parnassa tova!

chestnut

Post Fri, Oct 11 2019, 3:10 pm
I'm in Brooklyn and have some teenage girls clothing to give away if you're interested. I can put it on the porch; I'm at work the whole day, so won't see who picks it up.

naturalmom5

Post Fri, Oct 11 2019, 3:16 pm
If you are in Lakewood I have stuff stored away from my boys when they were 5/6
Now they are 21 and 24

amother
Mauve

Post Fri, Oct 11 2019, 3:16 pm
Have you tried ThredUp?
https://www.thredup.com/

amother
Cobalt

Post Fri, Oct 11 2019, 3:20 pm
If you just specify the ages, we can all help you! I have a lot of gently used beautiful clothing but I don't know if the sizes are right for you. Either way, I hope that a year full of blessing is coming your way...

amother
Vermilion

Post Fri, Oct 11 2019, 3:26 pm
Are u in Lakewood? Go to serendipity Sunday morning and u can get beautiful used clothes for 2-3 each, new pajamas $5, coats for $5. I got for me and my kids

Sewsew_mom

Post Fri, Oct 11 2019, 3:56 pm
I have some beautiful little girls dresses.. Not sure what you would need but happy to help them look beautiful for chag. I know how stressful it can be...

Mama Bear

Post Fri, Oct 11 2019, 4:04 pm
OP, I sell new & gently used gorgeous stuff on poshmark & ebay.
You can check out what I have & send me an email which ones you can use, I can discount them by at least 30%, some things I can even give you for half off, by selling them to you directly, which will save on poshmark/ebay fees.
https://poshmark.com/closet/libbychai
If even my stuff is too expensive then hopefully someone in this thread can help you with a giveaway.
((HUGS))!

ddmom

Post Fri, Oct 11 2019, 4:12 pm
I have nice clothing for a 8yr old girl if you want and lots of other random stuff in boxes! We just sorted our boxes and closets. Pm if you're interested!

Cheiny

Post Fri, Oct 11 2019, 4:13 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Bank account is empty and my children have nothing to wear.
I spent the last few weeks running around trying to find something cheap but now its almost Yom Tov and I havent found something.
Last years is too small.
Not sure what I want from all of you but it so crazy stressful to live without enough income.
I hope this year, my family and all of klal yisrael were inscribed to a year of health, nachas and enough parnassah!
Just a vent.

Do you have relatives with kids who could give you handme downs?

flowerpower

Post Fri, Oct 11 2019, 4:19 pm
I am always on the lookout for people that will enjoy my kids barely worn outgrown clothes in good condition!! If your kids are those sizes I’d love to get it over somehow ( anonymously of course).

amother
Seagreen

Post Fri, Oct 11 2019, 4:58 pm
If you are in Brooklyn, there is an amazing gemach called Bobby place that makes kids feel like it's a real store. My daughter has some girls in her class who dont even know it's a gemach and were telling kids that where their clothes are from
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics