Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Ideas where to stay in Miami

amother
OP

Post Tue, Oct 01 2019, 11:01 pm
Looking to go with DH in beginning of November. Want to be near a shul. We gave done the Ritz in Bal harbor in the past and it was a quick drive to The Shul.
Any ideas of nice condos/airbnb to rent that would be near a shul, beach and kosher food?
TIA

lylac

Post Tue, Oct 01 2019, 11:06 pm
I'm also looking to go there in November, I've never been, what is there to Do?

amother
OP

Post Wed, Oct 02 2019, 5:46 am
There are things to do. Malls,boat rides, museums etc . You can look on Trip Advisor or the Dan's Deals trip forum for ideas.

But, when I go we do just relaxing. We sit at pool or beach. Go out to eat. Get massages. In fact, I want to use uber Eats to deliver food to us as I think we spent too much time away from the pool getting breakfast each morning!
One tip, if you go later in November, the restaurants are very full with other vacationers so make your dinner reservations in the morning.
Enjoy!

amother
OP

Post Thu, Oct 10 2019, 11:17 pm
Bump.
Still looking for a nice place in Bal Harbor/ surfside.
Any recommendations?
Also, anyone know if you are permitted to negotiate price with an airbnb host?

amother
Goldenrod

Post Thu, Oct 10 2019, 11:24 pm
I’m just so amazed. I’m not judging u, do whatever you want and enjoy your vacation.
But I hear this once in a while- a husband would sit at the beach/ pool all day with pritzus but is makpid to Daven with a minyan. Seems a bit of a contradiction. Am I missing something?

amother
OP

Post Thu, Oct 10 2019, 11:30 pm
Yup, you sure are. In early November the private beach at the Ritz was deserted as was the pool. There are private cabanas too, where you dont need to see people . Tons of space between us at the beach/ pool and anyone else there. There is also the option to remove ones glasses or turn your chairs around if you choose.
As an aside, I would admire the fact that a guy wants to daven with a minyan even if not everything else he does is perfect, though this is a general thought and not specific to my husband. I honestly believe he/we didnt engage in any sort of pritzus.

amother
Goldenrod

Post Thu, Oct 10 2019, 11:34 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Yup, you sure are. In early November the private beach at the Ritz was deserted as was the pool. There are private cabanas too, where you dont need to see people . Tons of space between us at the beach/ pool and anyone else there. There is also the option to remove ones glasses or turn your chairs around if you choose.
As an aside, I would admire the fact that a guy wants to daven with a minyan even if not everything else he does is perfect, though this is a general thought and not specific to my husband. I honestly believe he/we didnt engage in any sort of pritzus.

Good to know, I appreciate you clarifying that. My dh isn’t makpid to Daven with a minyan on vacation but he would refuse to go to a beach town. Everyone is different but I’m happy to hear your prospective.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Oct 10 2019, 11:38 pm
Sure, anytime! High season is not when we go. Also, it's an expensive area so less crowded in general than others.

flmommy

Post Fri, Oct 11 2019, 8:00 am
Look into Grand Beach Hotel. One side is on r beach and the other is across the street.

egam

Post Fri, Oct 11 2019, 9:33 am
amother [ Goldenrod ] wrote:
I’m just so amazed. I’m not judging u, do whatever you want and enjoy your vacation.
But I hear this once in a while- a husband would sit at the beach/ pool all day with pritzus but is makpid to Daven with a minyan. Seems a bit of a contradiction. Am I missing something?

I’m sorry, but every post containing “I’m not judging, but” is exactly what it’s not claiming to be - judging. And that’s what I think what you’re missing.

amother
Cobalt

Post Fri, Oct 11 2019, 10:02 am
amother [ Goldenrod ] wrote:

What are you hoping to gain from this post? Do you really think you’re mussar will stop her husband from going to the beach? Why comment at all? I really don’t get it

amother
OP

Post Fri, Oct 11 2019, 10:21 am
Thanks for suggestion of Grand Beach .
Funny someone mentioned my thoughts exactly to the response above. It was that every time someone says they arent judging, they are! But no offense taken personally in this case because I dont think we are doing anything wrong Smile!

amother
Pumpkin

Post Fri, Oct 11 2019, 4:08 pm
If you want to stay in the Turnberry area, you can look to stay st the Yacht Club.
It’s near the beautiful Safra Synagogue. Close to kosher markets and restaurants.
It’s not on the beach, for some that’s a plus

amother
OP

Post Fri, Oct 11 2019, 5:41 pm
Thanks!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics