Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Who else is sitting down to work now? At 12am.
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Mon, Oct 07 2019, 11:54 pm
So the meat is marinating in the fridge. There are a few sides in the oven. Wash and dry are both running. Kids are all sleeping. House is in a decent enough state so I took out my laptop to get some work done. I work in accounting and there are deadlines coming. I am really hoping to not even log on tomorrow so this is the price I pay. A solid 2-3 hrs now. And for sure at least that on motzai Yom Kippur. Who else would like to join my pity party.

amother
Ruby

Post Mon, Oct 07 2019, 11:56 pm
Wow, you're amazing! I should have done SOMETHING for Yom Kippur, but I didn't. House is a mess. I need to do laundry. Defrost chicken.

Now I need to get some work done that I've been procrastinating on for way too long...

amother
Pumpkin

Post Tue, Oct 08 2019, 12:03 am
OP - 1120s?

Rubber Ducky

Post Tue, Oct 08 2019, 12:13 am
I just finished work — rechecking prices and making sure the cabinet order is correct (found 2 mistakes Surprised ) for a kitchen client. Tomorrow I'll need to submit a correction form and DH will have to get their payment transferred so the order can be started.

Laundry. That's a good idea.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Oct 08 2019, 12:15 am
amother [ Pumpkin ] wrote:
OP - 1120s?

I don’t work in public accounting but I gotta get our books in order so the outside accountant can do his audit. I had a baby in the summer and certain things just sat and now the heat is on!

amother
Periwinkle

Post Tue, Oct 08 2019, 12:22 am
Just signed off work. Bh got a lot done while fish and soup were cooking.

This year’s calendar is a killer for those of us who need to put in the same amount of hours/do the same amount of work every. Single. Month. Banging head

amother
Silver

Post Tue, Oct 08 2019, 12:32 am
I just left work at 11:45pm. I stayed at work until everything needed thru Thursday morning was done this way I don't have to go in tomorrow.
I love how my non-Jewish coworker's are all so jealous and think I am on vacation for like a month.

Jewishfoodie

Post Tue, Oct 08 2019, 1:30 am
Not finished... 😕

LuckyMum

Post Tue, Oct 08 2019, 1:35 am
Just logged off, whew!

Sunny Days

Post Tue, Oct 08 2019, 2:08 am
Joining the party Smile

amother
OP

Post Tue, Oct 08 2019, 2:08 am
Just logged off. I gotta wait a few minutes for the washer to be ready so I can hang the shirts and throw rest in dryer. I feel kinda gross cuz I just ate way more to many deliciius red roasted potatoes fresh from the oven mmmmm. Hey it’s a mitzva to eat ! I’m falling asleep zzzzz

eschaya

Post Tue, Oct 08 2019, 2:33 am
At work now (I do overnights). And when I get home in the morning, there is still laundry and a seuda to prepare for... and 5 kids home. Oh yah, and sleep.

cozyblanket

Post Tue, Oct 08 2019, 6:52 am
amother [ Silver ] wrote:
I just left work at 11:45pm. I stayed at work until everything needed thru Thursday morning was done this way I don't have to go in tomorrow.
I love how my non-Jewish coworker's are all so jealous and think I am on vacation for like a month.

I know! My coworker said he wanted to convert to Judaism bc of my days off! He has no idea how stressful it is!

shirachadasha

Post Tue, Oct 08 2019, 7:09 am
cozyblanket wrote:
I know! My coworker said he wanted to convert to Judaism bc of my days off! He has no idea how stressful it is!

Really? Does he want to convert this afternoon? Twisted Evil
Maybe this deserves it's own spinoff vent. I don't know why "the Jewish holidays" is such a big thing at work. I take the same number of vacation days as everyone else - they're just distributed differently. And who do you think is there for emergencies when the halls are empty in December and late August? Get over it people. At wits end

cozyblanket

Post Tue, Oct 08 2019, 7:13 am
shirachadasha wrote:
Really? Does he want to convert this afternoon? Twisted Evil
Maybe this deserves it's own spinoff vent. I don't know why "the Jewish holidays" is such a big thing at work. I take the same number of vacation days as everyone else - they're just distributed differently. And who do you think is there for emergencies when the halls are empty in December and late August? Get over it people. At wits end

LOL

amother
Turquoise

Post Tue, Oct 08 2019, 8:30 am
[quote="amother [.
I love how my non-Jewish coworker's are all so jealous and think I am on vacation for like a month.[/quote]

Ha! Pesach! I take off two weeks, one to prep and one for Pesach and rumpeling. My coworkers ask me how was my vacation. Some vacation! I don’t remember the last time I had a real vacation.

stillnewlywed

Post Tue, Oct 08 2019, 8:55 am
I worked for a couple of hours last night and I'm working again now Banging head

Rubber Ducky

Post Tue, Oct 08 2019, 8:58 am
I got back to work a half ago. That's what happens when the breakfast room is also your office.

amother
Chocolate

Post Tue, Oct 08 2019, 8:58 am
Just logged onto imamother now but yes, I was working last night, started at 12:00, finally closed the computer at 1:00 when I couldn't prop my eyelids open any longer. So I gotta finish up now!

mig100

Post Sun, Oct 13 2019, 1:08 am
I'm working now
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics