Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Judaism -> Halachic Questions and Discussions
Only wearing one color kippah

Mommy F.

Post Sat, Oct 12 2019, 8:47 pm
Hello I recently heard that men’s kippas should be one solid color. Not two or more colors

Has anyone heard a source to this ?

amother
Brunette

Post Sat, Oct 12 2019, 8:52 pm
Sound like we are making up more halachot.
So.... ayn chadash tachat hashemes.

cbsp

Post Sat, Oct 12 2019, 10:13 pm
Someone should let the nah nach people know about this.

Seriously, though, the goal is to cover the head - community norms aside AFAIK there's nothing mandated per se about a kipah.

shabbatiscoming

Post Sat, Oct 12 2019, 11:45 pm
Mommy F. wrote:
Hello I recently heard that men’s kippas should be one solid color. Not two or more colors

Has anyone heard a source to this ?
Where did you hear this from? There are many rabbanim out there, that wear kipot srugot that are many different colors. Rabbanim!!!!

DrMom

Post Sat, Oct 12 2019, 11:56 pm
Possible source: Some guy who sells only plain black kippot?

zaq

Post Sun, Oct 13 2019, 1:02 am
DrMom wrote:
Possible source: Some guy who sells only plain black kippot?

Or people who wear solid black, trying to influence people from the multicolor kippah crowd to come over to the dark side. Knowing that going from gorgeously patterned to solid black would be too much of a shock, they suggest solid colors at first, hoping eventually to crush even this sign of life by persuading the wearers next to eschew bright colors in favor of somber neutrals, and ultimately get them to stick to black.

Long live the kippah srugah with beautiful multicolored dugmaot.

Iymnok

Post Sun, Oct 13 2019, 2:16 am
It may only be a school rule.

Rappel

Post Sun, Oct 13 2019, 2:18 am
No, I've never heard of such a thing, though I will say that the decorative stitching used in some of the solid kippot I've seen make them into show stoppers. Subtle, and stunning.

watergirl

Post Sun, Oct 13 2019, 3:42 am
cbsp wrote:
Someone should let the nah nach people know about this.

Seriously, though, the goal is to cover the head - community norms aside AFAIK there's nothing mandated per se about a kipah.

Fwiw, Na nach kippot are all white with just black words.... the awesome multi-colored Bukharian kippot would have been a better bring in! Smile

Ruchel

Post Sun, Oct 13 2019, 3:53 am
I dislike the concept of "not looking like" a group. I understand wanting to look like one's group

LovesHashem

Post Sun, Oct 13 2019, 5:25 am
zaq wrote:
Or people who wear solid black, trying to influence people from the multicolor kippah crowd to come over to the dark side. Knowing that going from gorgeously patterned to solid black would be too much of a shock, they suggest solid colors at first, hoping eventually to crush even this sign of life by persuading the wearers next to eschew bright colors in favor of somber neutrals, and ultimately get them to stick to black.

Long live the kippah srugah with beautiful multicolored dugmaot.

LOL
Ever thought of writing fiction?
This could create a great premise for a story, and I need better writers to read.

Frumwithallergies

Post Sun, Oct 13 2019, 5:35 am
Nope
Zaq for président!

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Sun, Oct 13 2019, 5:54 am
Ruchel wrote:
I dislike the concept of "not looking like" a group. I understand wanting to look like one's group

There's all the difference in the world between conforming because you want to and conforming because you have to. Especially when someone lies by telling you that you are obligated to do something.

FranticFrummie

Post Sun, Oct 13 2019, 6:12 am
Can we argue how many slices are proper for a man? Does it change after bar mitzvah, or do you always have to have as many slices as your father and your father's father? Is it a deal breaker for your shidduch?

Inquiring minds want to know!

cbsp

Post Sun, Oct 13 2019, 7:06 am
watergirl wrote:
Fwiw, Na nach kippot are all white with just black words.... the awesome multi-colored Bukharian kippot would have been a better bring in! Smile

Yup, that was actually my point. It's 2 colors.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Judaism -> Halachic Questions and Discussions