Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
Lunch notes

bzmommy

Post Mon, Sep 02 2019, 9:54 pm
Kids and hubby are going back to school and work. I used to write a cute little note or joke with he lunch or snack I sent in.
For example- I would use a sharpie to write on a banana- why did the banana go to the doctor? Bc he wasn’t peeling well. Lol
It made my husband smile each time I sent a banana.... he loved it! I did something similar on other fruits that had edible peels but on a note of course!!
Would like to add a little cute message to let him know I think of him ... something to keep the spark going through the school year.
Anyone have any ideas or cute messages—- please share !

amother
Yellow

Post Mon, Sep 02 2019, 9:58 pm
You pack lunch for your husband? Thats so cute! What kind of things do you pack?

bzmommy

Post Mon, Sep 02 2019, 10:45 pm
amother [ Yellow ] wrote:
You pack lunch for your husband? Thats so cute! What kind of things do you pack?

I pack my husband breakfast, snacks, and lunch. He travels to work ... eats after he davens close to work ... he’s out of house from 530 am till 845pm, eats dinner at home.
Sandwiches for breakfast or trail mix and for lunches I make him salads.

MiriFr

Post Mon, Sep 02 2019, 10:58 pm
The dollar tree carries lunchbox notes that I love to send!

amother
Brown

Post Mon, Sep 02 2019, 11:34 pm
FYI, just discovered that crock pot makes a warmer. You fill it with left overs, plug it in and have hot food!!!!
Haven't purchased yet, but on my wishlist.

Ruchel

Post Tue, Sep 03 2019, 7:35 am
My kids would be so ashamed.

singleagain

Post Tue, Sep 03 2019, 7:54 am
Why not write good wishes on things happening.

Good luck on that big test

Hope that meeting goes well

Etc

thunderstorm

Post Tue, Sep 03 2019, 8:24 am
I wrote a letter to each of my kids and put it in their briefcase for the first day of school. In my letter I wished them Hatzlacha and success and my hopes that they will be happy with their teachers and rebbeim. I also let them know that there will be very good days, mediocre days and some days that they will not like. I told them that no matter what type of day they have I’m looking forward to hearing and talking about their days when they get home.

During the year I’ll put in an occasional note wishing them good luck on a test or a good day or whatever may apply.

bzmommy

Post Sat, Oct 12 2019, 11:25 pm
thunderstorm wrote:
I wrote a letter to each of my kids and put it in their briefcase for the first day of school. In my letter I wished them Hatzlacha and success and my hopes that they will be happy with their teachers and rebbeim. I also let them know that there will be very good days, mediocre days and some days that they will not like. I told them that no matter what type of day they have I’m looking forward to hearing and talking about their days when they get home.

During the year I’ll put in an occasional note wishing them good luck on a test or a good day or whatever may apply.

This is a nice idea. Thanks for sharing .

amother
Fuchsia

Post Sun, Oct 13 2019, 6:58 am
How often do you put in a note? I put in a note for my second grader with a special treat and she was disappointed that I dont do it more often. Should I leave out the treat?

Ruchel

Post Sun, Oct 13 2019, 7:00 am
Never do I see this. As a kid, or teacher. Of course they'll either expect more or be ashamed. It's like the crazy things people do at camp on imamother

Gulabi

Post Sun, Oct 13 2019, 7:38 am
I think its a lovely thing to do. For salad you can write "I love you from my head tomatoes"

LovesHashem

Post Sun, Oct 13 2019, 8:24 am
I'm sure if you google "corny/cute lunch notes/jokes" you'll find loads of ideas.

mum22

Post Sun, Oct 13 2019, 10:32 am
I do this nearly every day for my daughter.
She loves it and if I ever forget she reminds me the next day.
I write knock knock jokes that she shares with her friends.
Or “hope you do well on your test, you did your revision and that’s all that matters” “remember to chew your food and eat politely” “can’t wait to hear how your day went” “I have xyz on at work, will tell you how it went tonight”
Any chat that comes to mind- they often have more warmth than a joke.
I sometimes find jokes on reddit though.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen