Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Criminal Prices
Previous  1  2  3  4  5

Ruchel

Post Sun, Oct 13 2019, 6:37 am
In lakewood women don't wear perfumes of any kind?

amother
Ginger

Post Sun, Oct 13 2019, 7:22 am
bsy wrote:
I find kidichic expensive! They have little girl weekday dresses for 50 dollars! I dont spend that on myself, let alone for my 3 year old! Shabbos dresses for little girls in the 50 to 80 dollar range is far from cheap.

I also find it expensive for my budget. I would never buy weekday there, only Shabbos, and even then I usually wait for sales. However, it's relatively great prices for what they're selling, and I was responding to a poster who mentioned she can only find for $150 - $300. Which is a ridiculous assertion, unless you only go for high end boutiques. In the kiddichic toddler range, you can easily get Shabbos dresses for $30.

ETA: I just checked on their website and actually all their dresses are under $50. Shabbos and weekday.

amother
Smokey

Post Sun, Oct 13 2019, 7:47 am
Ruchel wrote:
In lakewood women don't wear perfumes of any kind?

Honestly no idea what that lady was talking about... nothing to do with perfumes, I think she didn’t like luxury prices in Lakewood lol.
It’s a normal place here...

Simple1

Post Sun, Oct 13 2019, 8:17 am
bsy wrote:
I find kidichic expensive! They have little girl weekday dresses for 50 dollars! I dont spend that on myself, let alone for my 3 year old! Shabbos dresses for little girls in the 50 to 80 dollar range is far from cheap.

I always find for $40 or low 40s. And they wash really well, even better than some of the more expensive stores clothing.

Simple1

Post Sun, Oct 13 2019, 8:31 am
groovy1224 wrote:
I personally don't spend that much on clothes, but I think you could argue that maybe people spend that much BECAUSE it's an every day dress. You can get away with 'cheaper' finds for shabbos because they're just worn once a week or on yt, so they don't get washed as often. But for every day use, people might prefer something solid and comfortable, even if it costs more, because it will hold up to more regular use and laundering.

My weekday wig is more expensive than my shabbos wig. It seemed counter intuitive at first but my weekday one is washed more often and gets more abuse.

This is an interesting point which I didn't consider in regards to clothing. But I do this for shoes. For weekday, I spend a lot because my kids spend a lot of time in them. For Shabbos I buy cheap because they wear them very little. And sometimes they've even gone out to play on Shabbos in Natives or whatever.

And while I personally wouldn't spend $160 on a dress, consider the fact that a long sleeve dress can equal up to three pieces - skirt, top, and no shell required.
Page 5 of 5 Previous  1  2  3  4  5 Recent Topics