Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
Colic baby

happy24

Post Sun, Oct 13 2019, 1:18 am
My baby is 3 weeks old and doesn't stop crying. I am loosing my mind.... any suggestions what I can do?

amother
Amethyst

Post Sun, Oct 13 2019, 1:45 am
Suggestions are boundless... Maybe chamomile tea, that's very soothing for sensitive tummies/ gas relief. Good luck & mazel tov! Enjoy your new bundle

amother
Magenta

Post Sun, Oct 13 2019, 1:48 am
If you are breastfeeding, eliminate gluten and dairy. Increase probiotics, magnesium, b vitamins and digestive enzymes in your own diet.

happy24

Post Sun, Oct 13 2019, 1:48 am
Thank you! I will try it... u put in bottle tea bag w little suger?then take out the tea bag?

amother
Amethyst

Post Sun, Oct 13 2019, 1:52 am
happy24 wrote:
Thank you! I will try it... u put in bottle tea bag w little suger?then take out the tea bag?

I prepare tea bag with hot water & some sugar in a cup & then pour it over into bottle...
It really relaxes & calms them & gives you & baby a few peaceful hours of sleep

tichellady

Post Sun, Oct 13 2019, 2:19 am
I would not give baby tea without running it by the doctor.

HeartyAppetite

Post Sun, Oct 13 2019, 5:10 am
May baby cried and vomited a lot, and at two weeks old the doctor put her on Prevacid . We saw a significant improvement.

notshanarishona

Post Sun, Oct 13 2019, 5:39 am
Gripe water.. makes a huge difference to my little boy . Also , we finally realized that every time we have him formula he screamed for hours, we tried many of them , seems like he is allergic/sensitive to milk and soy. As hard as it is, once we stopped supplementing , we have a happier baby . (Although a much busier mommy who is nursing/pumping all day )

amother
Mint

Post Sun, Oct 13 2019, 7:36 am
Aaahhhhh saaammmmme! (But my baby is 5 weeks)
I went off of dairy and got him a script for heartburn meds. I just started seeing improvement now (takes a while for the dairy thing to work).
Also give him tummy time during the day.
Now, instead of screaming when I dont home him, he can lay on his back for like 45 min just chillin.

married123

Post Sun, Oct 13 2019, 8:18 am
Try colic calm. It was a miracle for my son when he was that age

amother
Royalblue

Post Sun, Oct 13 2019, 8:34 am
Two of my kids who were very colicky at that age turned out to have food allergies. We tested them and then eliminated the foods they were allergic to from diet. The difference was like night and day. Another baby, the pediatrician wanted me to limit dairy for a different reason. So I stopped dairy completely for two weeks and the baby calmed down tremendously and became much happier.

Tzutzie

Post Sun, Oct 13 2019, 8:35 am
Mazal tov!
A screaming baby is so so hard!
I had two screaming babies (our of 3 kids)

And few things that worked with my third. He's 4 months now. Still cries a LOT but so much better.

I eliminated dairy, choclate and limited gluten.
It takes 2 days till you will see a real difference. And 2 weeks tell it's completely out of your system.
Started taking digestive enzymes.
Fed the baby as soon as he started kvetching.
Burped frequently. And was super careful not to overfeed.
When babies have a tummy ache they want to nurse to soothe. But if they are then overfed it perpetuates the cycle.
Put baby to sleep on a wedge or lift the mattress or a very firm boppy. Keep the head and upper body slightly elevated.
Stock up on mylicon!!!!

My doctor didn't want to prescribe any anti acids as my baby was gaining nicely.....

And lastly, I got him the amber teething necklace. Sleigh he wasn't teething it halted calm him.
Also, tummy time is important. As my baby is getting more and more active on his tummy, he passes wind more easily.
So much so that if he is cranky I know he hasn't had enough tummy time.
He also usually goes during tummy time.

I didn't do it all at once, ensuring helped a bit. Now most days he's mostly happy bh!!!!

Loads of luck.

FranticFrummie

Post Sun, Oct 13 2019, 9:07 am
DD screamed NON STOP (I am not exaggerating) for 4 months straight. Every single night from 5:45pm until 5am. I could not sit down, I could not set her down. The only thing I could do was pace the floor.

I made up a mantra for myself. "I love this baby. I davened for this baby. If the baby was gone I would be sad." I must have repeated this a million times.

Simethicone drops did not work for her. Neither did anything else that was over the counter. When she started dropping weight the pediatrician said that I had to get her on hypoallergenic formula, with a bit of rice cereal mixed in.

From that time on, she slept right through the night! Enfamil Lactofree is very expensive and hard to find, even in the US. I remember going from store to store looking for it. I hated giving up nursing, but I had to do what was best for both of us.

It turned out that DD had a very weak latch, wasn't getting enough milk from me, and was lactose intolerant as well. Once she got her tummy full of nutrition that didn't hurt her, it was like someone gave me a whole new child.

Hang in there, and you can use my mantra if it helps!

tichellady

Post Sun, Oct 13 2019, 10:43 am
What does your doctor say? We tried a bunch of things in a systematic way with our doctor’s guidance and nothing really helped except for time. Things got better around 25 weeks. It’s really hard and I feel for you.

amother
Mustard

Post Sun, Oct 13 2019, 11:10 am
Thank you everyone for your replies....I am definitely going to try some options.... I have a first time visit after succas.

monkeys

Post Sun, Oct 13 2019, 11:22 am
Mylicon gas drops
Consider reflux
Baby wear

DO NOT give anything other than breast milk or formula in the bottle without consulting your pediatrician!!!!!!!!!!!!

With my first I was off dairy for 9 months and had a constantly miserable baby. With my next two I did not drive myself crazy and put them on Zantac and/or Prevacid. It was like night and day. Totally different children- happy comfortable babies!

amother
Blush

Post Sun, Oct 13 2019, 12:13 pm
My baby is 9 weeks and is crying non stop. He's in mylicon and gripe water round the clock plus tea bottles. Nothing helps. Some babies just cry....
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics