Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
How To Care for New Wavy Shaitel?

amother
OP

Post Sat, Oct 12 2019, 10:04 pm
Please help me! I got a new shaitel last week...it is my first wavy, before I always had straight. How do I care for it between wearings? Do I brush it, or will that cause all the wave/curl to fall? All the advice the shaitel macher gave me was to use a curling iron to freshen it up sometimes.....tia!!

flmommy

Post Sat, Oct 12 2019, 11:02 pm
If it’s naturally curly (not curls put in by sheitel macher) brushing it should be fine.

amother
Lawngreen

Post Sun, Oct 13 2019, 12:22 am
Use either a wide tooth comb or a pick to remove tangles. Do not use a regular flat bristle brush. Depending on the hair texture, just combing it and then spraying with water and lightly scrunching should keep it looking fresh.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Oct 13 2019, 12:28 am
Thank you very much! Gut yomtov!

FranticFrummie

Post Sun, Oct 13 2019, 9:58 am
amother [ Lawngreen ] wrote:
Use either a wide tooth comb or a pick to remove tangles. Do not use a regular flat bristle brush. Depending on the hair texture, just combing it and then spraying with water and lightly scrunching should keep it looking fresh.

THIS!

I find that when it's lightly raining on Shabbos, all the straight sheitel wearers are panicking about losing their expensive set, while my sheitel just looks better for a bit of misting on the way to shul. I love not having to fuss with it, and because it doesn't need to be set, I can wash it myself and save a ton of money. Enjoy!

(I have a mid priced Milano, nothing fancy. The curls are not natural, but after several years they still look good.)
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics