Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Q? for French or Belgian Imamothers re Kosher Wine Shops Pls

amother
OP

Post Sat, Oct 12 2019, 4:49 pm
Hi French and Belgian Imamothers and those living in France or Belgium or know France and Belgium well!

We would like to drive over to France or Belgium for the day over chol hamoed from UK and would like to stock up on some Kosher wine before Brexit whilst there if possible!

1. Are the kosher shops open on chol hamoed?

2. Apart from hyper casher and the like in Paris are there any kosher shops closer to Calais that you could recommend? (We do not have the Paris car congestion badge to drive in Paris) or what kosher wine shops are cheaper in Antwerp?

3. Where is the best and cheapest place to buy kosher wine? For personal use, would like to buy a selection not necessarily cases at a time. Sub 10euro per bottle. I know hyper casher has a big selection from 4euro to 10euro.

And if you can recommend any interesting day trip outings in the same area for adults even better Smile

Thank you!!

rainbow dash

Post Sat, Oct 12 2019, 6:09 pm
Avenue wines is open during succos from 2 -430. This is antwerp. I have no idea about france.

amother
Sapphire

Post Sat, Oct 12 2019, 6:17 pm
All groceries are open chol hamoed and have wine as well.

rainbow dash

Post Sat, Oct 12 2019, 6:26 pm
Yes, try groz centre. I belive they have more wine chosies then other shops

amother
Babypink

Post Sat, Oct 12 2019, 6:33 pm
But there is absolutely nothing to see in Antwerp on chol hamoed. Better to go to Paris

amother
Babypink

Post Sat, Oct 12 2019, 6:34 pm
Kosher4u has a bigger selection than Grosz center. They even have a website www.kosher4u.eu

They're open chol hamoed

amother
OP

Post Sun, Oct 13 2019, 4:55 am
Thanks so much for your replies and info!

It looks like the prices in Belgium are pretty much the same as in UK so not as great prices as France. Plus someone mentioned there's not much to do there..

So, are there any kosher shops that sell wine nearer calais or outside of Paris or does it not matter if we dont have the sticker for the car?

Thanks!!

Ruchel

Post Sun, Oct 13 2019, 5:46 am
Calais by far isn't a big community! I'd need a big community for a kosher shop. But ask Chabad if they have wine or a makolet, and also check the kosher aisles in supermarkets, they often have a few wines, candles, etc.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Oct 16 2019, 5:21 am
Good moed Smile

Ok thanks

So if we decide to drive into Paris, which would be the best store that has the largest and cheapest selection?

I think we normally end up on Manin but is there anywhere else you'd recommend?

Also, are there any cafe's or pizza shops that would be open with a sukkah, are there any public sukkahs in Paris?

Merci Very Happy
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics