Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children
Curfew?

amother
OP

Post Tue, Oct 15 2019, 11:43 pm
What time do your teens have to be home by? School night? Non-school night? How old are your teens? Gender? General area you live? Thanx!

amother
Black

Post Wed, Oct 16 2019, 2:44 am
I can't handle late night so 10:30, of course there are some exceptions when projects/ occasions come up... Live in BP

amother
Olive

Post Wed, Oct 16 2019, 3:15 am
No teens; but I know my sister's (age 16) curfew" All weekday nights are by 12. Shabbos and chag is 12.30. She is responsible for waking up on time for school so she doesn't have to be asleep at a certain time.

I never had a curfew. Often on school nights I came home at 1 or 2am after studying with friend. And on shabbos we hung out even later. But I was a "uncomplicated" child. Hung out with my best friends, had no interest of boys or being on the street, parents trusted me.

My4Jewels

Post Wed, Oct 16 2019, 3:16 am
Define teen.. 13 is very different from 17/18

amother
Gray

Post Wed, Oct 16 2019, 4:48 am
We live in Israel where things are different.

13 years old - 11:45pm

15 years old - 1:15am

17 years old - 2am

This is only for Shabbat when all of the kids are out and about. On a weekday we take each day individually. They are responsible for getting up for school/shul and know they'll lose their privilege if they can't manage that.

Aylat

Post Wed, Oct 16 2019, 5:59 am
amother [ Gray ] wrote:
We live in Israel where things are different.

13 years old - 11:45pm

15 years old - 1:15am

17 years old - 2am

This is only for Shabbat when all of the kids are out and about. On a weekday we take each day individually. They are responsible for getting up for school/shul and know they'll lose their privilege if they can't manage that.

Israel is so different, especially yishuv life! It really is every day individually, depending what is happening - so many activities take place late. Learning and selichot in Elul, bonfires on Lag ba'Omer, random לילה לבן youth group events. Friday night, my 13 yo is supposed to be home between 11-11.30. Weekdays 10, but there are exceptions.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Oct 16 2019, 8:24 am
17 year old? 13 year old?

amother
Red

Post Wed, Oct 16 2019, 8:37 am
My teens (15/17) are BH "uncomplicated".
They don't have a set curfew.
Prior to going out they tell me where they are going and what time to expect them/we discuss what is reasonable for the situation. If they are running late they call so I don't worry.
Fri nite/Yom Tov. They tell me what time to expect them and they know that if they are more then 15-20 minute late I will worry. They are always very reasonable, and probably give me an earlier time than if I were to just give them one.

DrMom

Post Wed, Oct 16 2019, 8:53 am
Aylat wrote:
Israel is so different, especially yishuv life! It really is every day individually, depending what is happening - so many activities take place late. Learning and selichot in Elul, bonfires on Lag ba'Omer, random לילה לבן youth group events. Friday night, my 13 yo is supposed to be home between 11-11.30. Weekdays 10, but there are exceptions.

This. My kids don't have a set curfew, because most evenings when they are out late it is because they are participating in some yeshiva/school/youth group event.

Those things tend to end late, but it's an organized activity, so I don't mind.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children