Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Zoloft , anyone ever weaned their Child off of Zoloft

amother
OP

Post Tue, Oct 15 2019, 11:29 pm
What was your experience? My child is on low dose of 1.5 ml liquid and doctor said we can go to 1 ml. My child was doing fine for the last 5 days, but tonight she is edgy crying and doesn’t know what to do with herself. Anyone has successfully weaned and can tell me it can be done with least side effects. I’m terrified she’s going to go back to how bad she was before she started Zoloft. (Of course we are being followed by a psychiatrist but I’m asking others experience)

amother
OP

Post Wed, Oct 16 2019, 1:13 pm
Bump

FranticFrummie

Post Wed, Oct 16 2019, 1:50 pm
When I tried to taper down, I got really emotional and crying a lot, I got massive migraines, and my joints hurt a lot. It was NOT fun at all.

I would try to go back up to 1.25 for a while, before going all the way down to 1. I mean, that's a super low dose, but some people are extremely sensitive to medications.

If her mood stays down, call the doctor immediately.

If she says she would be better off dead, or that you would be better off without her, take her seriously and call Hatzolah. If you don't have in your area, call anyone you know who is a doctor and ask for help.

Only take her to the ER if you are in serious fear for her life. Remind her that it's her brain adjusting to the medication, and that what she's thinking may not be accurate at that time.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Oct 16 2019, 10:27 pm
Thank you so much for your response

hotzenplotz

Post Wed, Oct 16 2019, 10:39 pm
Please pm me.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics