Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
European look for kids
  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next

amother
OP

Post Wed, Oct 16 2019, 3:48 pm
Please post photos/descriptions of this elusive look. I’m just curious.

Signed,
OOtowner who dresses her kids in target and T.J.Maxx clothes. Thanks.

Ruchel

Post Wed, Oct 16 2019, 3:51 pm
It's a lie they made up. If anything people here are a lot casual

cnc

Post Wed, Oct 16 2019, 3:54 pm
Interesting
I have neighbors and friends that are from Antwerp and Switzerland and according to them this is the European style.

One neighbor from Belgium told me she can’t get herself to shop in the new stores such as Kidichic- she is completely not used to these styles. She shops the European companies at Judy’s Nook etc.

amother
Plum

Post Wed, Oct 16 2019, 3:55 pm
european as in bavarian, eastern slovakian village style or british boarding school look?

Purple2

Post Wed, Oct 16 2019, 3:56 pm
Just go onto Instagram check out any of the Jewish stores and clothing lines. For kids you can check ladida, klade, babylicious, Tuesday’s child, little women (andlittle women too) sweet things, a little different.
Adult clothing check out fame, Junees, the gallery, Esti’s, finale, Brenda’s
You can also look at a lot of the Zara clothing.

Purple2

Post Wed, Oct 16 2019, 4:01 pm
Ok all that would be for litvish yeshivish. For the whole Chassidish look, there’s a million stores in bp and Williamsburg.
Kids would probably be whoopi, pastel.
Kidichic is super junky. That’s if you sort of want to get the look and not pay the prices which is a great idea since the kids grow out of their clothes in one season. My kids don’t wear kidichic well. The fit is just off for them but anyone who can do it, it’s trendy and very inexpensive.

amother
Jetblack

Post Wed, Oct 16 2019, 4:06 pm
Ruchel wrote:
It's a lie they made up. If anything people here are a lot casual

I spent a couple weeks in England over the summer. My normal New England vacation clothes were embarrassingly casual. Gave me a great excuse to buy a new wardrobe.

amother
Olive

Post Wed, Oct 16 2019, 4:54 pm
Please post pictures for those of us without instagram. But I do get the feeling that dressing “like Europeans” is a point of pride for in-town frum people.

PinkFridge

Post Wed, Oct 16 2019, 5:04 pm
amother [ Plum ] wrote:
european as in bavarian, eastern slovakian village style or british boarding school look?

Very Happy

PinkFridge

Post Wed, Oct 16 2019, 5:06 pm
camp wrote:

Kidichic is super junky. That’s if you sort of want to get the look and not pay the prices which is a great idea since the kids grow out of their clothes in one season. My kids don’t wear kidichic well. The fit is just off for them but anyone who can do it, it’s trendy and very inexpensive.

I never really thought about whether or not the fit was "off" for my kids. It fit or it didn't.
So if Kidichic is super junky, what are the other options? And what else would be comparable to Kidichic in the outside world of Zaras, Children's Place, etc.?

Simple1

Post Wed, Oct 16 2019, 5:12 pm
camp wrote:
Ok all that would be for litvish yeshivish. For the whole Chassidish look, there’s a million stores in bp and Williamsburg.
Kids would probably be whoopi, pastel.

I go a size or so up with kidichic to get a good fit, and have gotten compliments from very fashion conscious friends. I haven't found it super junky, but then again, I haven't tried Ladida etc. No I'm not related or working with them in any way (I feel like I'm always posting about them), but just have done very well the past few seasons.

Last edited by Simple1 on Wed, Oct 16 2019, 5:17 pm; edited 1 time in total

amother
Slateblue

Post Wed, Oct 16 2019, 5:17 pm
It's sort of the clothing that Prince George and charlottes wear.

angelgirl

Post Wed, Oct 16 2019, 5:44 pm
amother [ Slateblue ] wrote:
It's sort of the clothing that Prince George and charlottes wear.

.... when in public!

I’m pretty sure that when lounging around at home they aren’t in their smock dresses, smart shorts and long socks!

amother
OP

Post Wed, Oct 16 2019, 7:57 pm
This is the quote I got from another tread

"Nobody in town is putting suits on their toddler boys, no matter how designer they are. So there's that. I'm a huge fan of online/frugal shopping, but if you want your kids to fit in with frum trends, there are certain items you can only get locally. Boys shabbos shoes and shabbos tops being some of them. Geox, stride rite, camper sneakers can work well for boys for weekday, but not for girls for school or for shabbos... you get the drift... it's not just about quality, it's also about a certain very specific european look"

looking for "specific european look"

amother
Orchid

Post Wed, Oct 16 2019, 8:03 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
This is the quote I got from another tread

"Nobody in town is putting suits on their toddler boys, no matter how designer they are. So there's that. I'm a huge fan of online/frugal shopping, but if you want your kids to fit in with frum trends, there are certain items you can only get locally. Boys shabbos shoes and shabbos tops being some of them. Geox, stride rite, camper sneakers can work well for boys for weekday, but not for girls for school or for shabbos... you get the drift... it's not just about quality, it's also about a certain very specific european look"

looking for "specific european look"

The "specific European look" is basically dressing the boys girly. Smoking flats for shabbos shoes. Bubble rompers (with tights for winter). Very tight pants (very short shorts in summer) and smock shirts.
I only have boys, so I dunno about the girls' clothes.

amother
Slateblue

Post Wed, Oct 16 2019, 8:07 pm
amother [ Orchid ] wrote:
The "specific European look" is basically dressing the boys girly. Smoking flats for shabbos shoes. Bubble rompers (with tights for winter). Very tight pants (very short shorts in summer) and smock shirts.
I only have boys, so I dunno about the girls' clothes.

That is not the European look. That is the heimishe look

amother
Slateblue

Post Wed, Oct 16 2019, 8:17 pm
amother [ Olive ] wrote:
Please post pictures for those of us without instagram. But I do get the feeling that dressing “like Europeans” is a point of pride for in-town frum people.

Yup your right.
I love dressing my kids like that.
That little precious boy in the street with the European look is definitely my son.

chagru

Post Wed, Oct 16 2019, 8:21 pm
. Totally agree! I'm from an upperclass European city and no one looks like that, it's a way of marketing "upper class "to the heimish Americans.

chagru

Post Wed, Oct 16 2019, 8:24 pm
In my city, the rich happily dress their kids and often themselves in zara and H&m with a moncler or woolrhich winter jacket. The very wealthy will wear baby Dior, Gucci , D&G, Burberry, with h&m thrown in the mix as well.

amother
Gold

Post Wed, Oct 16 2019, 8:26 pm

This!!! Little boys in Europe are not walking around in bubble rompers and tights lol. Great marketing on part of the heimishe clothing stores though.
Page 1 of 6   1  2  3  4  5  6  Next Recent Topics