Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
Bedbugs!!!!!

amother
OP

Post Wed, Oct 16 2019, 9:45 pm
Help!! I have bedbugs!! What do I do?? And how do I know where I got it from?

Frumwithallergies

Post Wed, Oct 16 2019, 9:50 pm
Oy no one needs this stress! I feel for you!
Are you in an apartment or a house?
Have you travelled recently?
Bedbugs can come from any number or different sources.
Getting rid of them is a whole other ball game.
I'm not the best person for advising how to get rid of them but I'll look it up and get back to you.
Hugs!!!!!

amother
OP

Post Wed, Oct 16 2019, 9:51 pm
Thank you!!!!! 🤗🤗🤗 I feel like it’s impossible!!

amother
Pink

Post Wed, Oct 16 2019, 9:54 pm
How do you know you have them? You’ve seen them? Or just getting bites?

amother
OP

Post Wed, Oct 16 2019, 9:56 pm
Saw

Frumwithallergies

Post Wed, Oct 16 2019, 10:05 pm
How are bed bugs treated and prevented?

Bed bug bites usually do not pose a serious medical threat. The best way to treat a bite is to avoid scratching the area and apply antiseptic creams or lotions and take an antihistamine. Bed bug infestations are commonly treated by insecticide spraying. If you suspect that you have an infestation, contact your landlord or professional pest control company that is experienced with treating bed bugs. The best way to prevent bed bugs is regular inspection for the signs of an infestation.

https://www.cdc.gov/parasites/.....tment

So as per the CDC, you need a proper diagnosis first. I only copied one paragraph, but the CDC has more complete information.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Oct 16 2019, 11:01 pm
Thank you!

amother
Sapphire

Post Thu, Oct 17 2019, 12:15 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Help!! I have bedbugs!! What do I do?? And how do I know where I got it from?

Where are u located? I had bed bugs and had a great exterminator

amother
Salmon

Post Thu, Oct 17 2019, 12:27 am
there are other threads with good advice.

amother
Mauve

Post Thu, Oct 17 2019, 12:38 am
Call an exterminator now

amother
Indigo

Post Thu, Oct 17 2019, 12:50 am
It’s strange that you don’t have bites if you think you saw them.
Maybe it’s a different type of bug?
When we were vacationing, on day 2 dd woke up covered with bites - literally from head to toe... I googled and her bites looked exactly like the pictures.
Any clothing that might have touched her bed got washed- including the skirt of someone who sat at the edge of that bed.
The most annoying thing about bedbugs is the bites. If you don’t have bites, I’m not sure they are really bedbugs.

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Thu, Oct 17 2019, 1:43 am
You actually can have bed bugs and not have a visible reaction so it doesn't look like you have any bites. That doesn't mean they aren't bitting.

- Knowledge gleaned from multiple bed bug experiences

There is a dog that can come and smell your house to confirm exactly where they are. Depending on how many rooms/floors they have spread to, will determine the best way to treat - poison, heat etc.

Get a qualified exterminator who specializes in bedbugs. You want them gone once and for all.

If you have more specific questions, feel free to ask.

amother
Lemon

Post Thu, Oct 17 2019, 6:53 am
Not op, but if anyone has a good exterminator in NY area for bedbugs, please post. Also, how much you paid, if u can please share.

Op- find a good exterminator. Psa there are bad exterminators out there.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Oct 17 2019, 4:05 pm
Anyone have tips that worked for them?

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Thu, Oct 17 2019, 5:02 pm
When we had them in camp, all our belongings were put in the freezer for 2 weeks and the bungalow was poisoned and left empty until the next summer.

When we had them in a house, the floor that the bugs were found on and the floor on top and on bottom were heated for hours.

The infested mattresses were thrown out and after the heating, all the mattresses in the house got bedbug covers as a precaution.

When they were in my brother's dorm room, they moved the boys out and tried poison again and again and it took multiple tries to work.

Anything that is porous can have bugs or eggs. Books, shoes, knapsacks, stuffed animals...

amother
Burlywood

Post Thu, Oct 17 2019, 8:00 pm
You can have bedbugs and not have bites.... my parents house had bed bugs and one night my husband slept on the bed and he had no bites the next night I slept on the bed and in middle of the night woke up with bites... and the other bed had nothing. The exterminator was called and he lifted the mattress and found a bunch of bedbugs and he said that females r more likely to be bitten then men and also if the bug is not “hungry” it won’t bite .... but he did a 3 round treatment all 3 weeks apart and all box springs and mattress went into protective covers
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics