Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Someone dress me up please

amother
OP

Post Wed, Oct 16 2019, 10:32 pm
.....I KNOW it’s a weird title. Don’t know how else to put it.
So basically I feel that the clothes I buy don’t make me look good. No one compliments me on my clothes probably because I wear the wrong type or something.
So help me pick the right things (if I should get a a line skirt or straight skirt etc etc).
I’ll describe myself

I’m 5 feet tall
About 140 pounds (just had a baby)
I’m not curvy curvy but I’m mostly just like straight. I think my shoulders are a bit wider than my hips
I’m kind of busty and elastic skirts no matter what size makes my tush look huge. I have skinny arms and legs and it doesn’t matter what I put on. I have a short neck too. Nothing flatters me. Sad

I *do* my best to follow the ways of the dress in bp which is loose everything but I look so shlumpy and weird especially given that I’m shorter and not exactly stick skinny.

Help

amother
Aqua

Post Wed, Oct 16 2019, 11:02 pm
Hi! I would need to see a picture for sure, but it sounds like you would look best in tunic type tops and narrow pencil skirts. Like think a loose top with an a-symetrical or shark tooth hemline over a pencil skirt, or the newer ribbed knit skirt and top sets that have a larger, wider tunic top and very narrow skirt underneath. This would emphasize your thin legs as long as your skirt hits no longer than mid-calf, and deemphasis your wider bust, etc, giving you a more balanced appearance.

You should generally stay away from collars and turtleneck tops if you have a short neck. Go for jewel necks, or even better, lower scoop or v-necks layered over a shell, which will give the appearance of more length in your neck.

Hope this helps, a guten moed!

cinnabon

Post Wed, Oct 16 2019, 11:08 pm
sounds like we share the same beautiful body figure!
I’m short , busty, not particularly heavy but more to the chubby side .
For me, a dolman top with short a line skirt looks flattering.
Or a short fitted crew neck sweater with a short pleated skirt.
Midi skirts don’t cut me well I feel like I look too short in them.

amother
Firebrick

Post Wed, Oct 16 2019, 11:43 pm
Same height and weight! Not so busty though... I’m a little chubby between stomach and thighs..

It’s very, very hard to find clothing!! I look best in straight skirts... definitely not long tops.. sometimes I find petite sizes that fit
I need the tops to cover my stomach-
Don’t wear your skirts too long. That will make you look very schlumpy..
Take your straight skirts to a seamstress and taper the bottom for a more fitted look.
Wear nice shoes and a nice shaitel..

oneofakind

Post Thu, Oct 17 2019, 8:22 am
Would those knit dresses look good on you? You need curves for them.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics