Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
European look for kids
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next

amother
OP

Post Wed, Oct 16 2019, 8:33 pm
chagru wrote:
. Totally agree! I'm from an upperclass European city and no one looks like that, it's a way of marketing "upper class "to the heimish Americans.

What is an upperclass European city?

Maybe I am from one too LOL

seeker

Post Wed, Oct 16 2019, 8:46 pm
I'm not from the targeted demographic here but when I think of European fashion, I don't mean what the folks in Europe are wearing on the streets everyday. I mean what European brands are making and selling.

In general, the European shoe brands that are sold in Brooklyn tend to be 100% leather, narrower (this is a biggie for me, my kids have narrow feet as I have bemoaned regularly on these pages) and thinner/stiffer (I have had some blistering disappointments...)

Ihatepotatoes

Post Wed, Oct 16 2019, 8:51 pm
amother [ Plum ] wrote:
european as in bavarian, eastern slovakian village style or british boarding school look?

Oy, what I would give for the Kilt to become De Rigueur for Chassidish men.....

amother
Orchid

Post Wed, Oct 16 2019, 9:18 pm
amother [ Slateblue ] wrote:
That is not the European look. That is the heimishe look

Whether it is or isn't what kids are wearing in Europe, that IS the "specific European look" she is referring to

amother
Lime

Post Wed, Oct 16 2019, 9:20 pm
We call it the "Jewish store" look. It never really crossed my mind that it was the least bit European. It's all made in China anyway Wink

sky

Post Wed, Oct 16 2019, 9:36 pm
H&M does sell a lot of baby knits and overalls for babies. American brands don’t carry this style so much.
Zara and H&M boys pants do run tighter then American brands. Shirts are more feminine. Dresses more clean cut - Not as full.

But no non-Jewish brand sells short knit pants for winter baby wear. That is just ridiculous.

amother
Olive

Post Wed, Oct 16 2019, 9:47 pm
amother [ Slateblue ] wrote:
Yup your right.
I love dressing my kids like that.
That little precious boy in the street with the European look is definitely my son.

I think the question is if your kids really look European or if that’s just marketing from frum stores because their target market likes the idea of looking European.

Purple2

Post Wed, Oct 16 2019, 10:10 pm
Right, I don’t think the person who responded European meant that. I think she meant the latest urban trending clothing. I definitely don’t dress myself and kids in “European” clothing unless it’s a nice designer piece from estis Or finale.
I dress myself and kids in a real mix. Today one daughter was head to toe in Zara. Another in an Orly skirt and H&M sweater. I was in an orly skirt j crew top and prada shoes. The idea is a mix of designer, Jewish stores and Zara type stores.
This was in response to the op who was pretty much knocking anyone who buys in Jewish stores. Someone responded that some of the things the op was purchasing like “designer suits” for a three year old, are not the type of clothing that is in.
It’s totally ok to wear what you want and not wear what’s in fashion in the urban areas, but if someone does, it’s not always going to work getting shoes from TJ maxx or Isaac mizrachi suits for a three year old.

PeanutMama

Post Wed, Oct 16 2019, 10:24 pm
Can someone PLEASE tell me a clueless woman who’s new to jewish fashion how it all looks like????

mommy3b2c

Post Wed, Oct 16 2019, 10:25 pm
sky wrote:
H&M does sell a lot of baby knits and overalls for babies. American brands don’t carry this style so much.
Zara and H&M boys pants do run tighter then American brands. Shirts are more feminine. Dresses more clean cut - Not as full.

But no non-Jewish brand sells short knit pants for winter baby wear. That is just ridiculous.

Yes they do. Violeta, Bobo Choses, jean bourget, tiny cottons. Just to name a few off the top of my head. These are non Jewish European companies. And that’s what people mean by the European look. Not that European children wear that clothing on a daily basis.

sky

Post Wed, Oct 16 2019, 10:30 pm
mommy3b2c wrote:
Yes they do. Violeta, Bobo Choses, jean bourget, tiny cottons. Just to name a few off the top of my head. These are non Jewish European companies. And that’s what people mean by the European look. Not that European children wear that clothing on a daily basis.

I stand corrected.

But because I have nothing better to do I googled Violeta. And while they have knit bloomers it seemed to be marketed as spring or summer wear. Or maybe I’m just looking at the wrong listings.

Seashell

Post Wed, Oct 16 2019, 10:33 pm
sky wrote:

Shockingly Zara IS selling knit & corduroy (sp?) shorts this season! And H&M has a 3 piece set for little girls, a top, shirts and tights. I also noticed H&M selling tights with patterns /colors for boys!
I so don’t relate. But it’s not just the jewish stores.

Last edited by Seashell on Wed, Oct 16 2019, 10:37 pm; edited 1 time in total

sky

Post Wed, Oct 16 2019, 10:35 pm
Seashell wrote:
Shockingly Zara IS selling knit & corduroy (sp?) shorts this season! And I noticed H&M selling tights for boys!
I so don’t relate. But it’s not just the jewish stores.

You are both correct.
https://m.zara.com/us/en/kids-.....90511

amother
Ecru

Post Wed, Oct 16 2019, 10:41 pm
Can someone please explain to me the obsession with ribbed everything?? I’m just not getting it.

I always looked at ribbed -as a material for undershirts or pajamas Smile .

And what with the onesies/bloomers with tights?! Looks like the kid dirtied his/her leggings/or skirt so mom yanked it off. Seriously, kids look half dressed.

mommy3b2c

Post Wed, Oct 16 2019, 11:06 pm
sky wrote:
You are both correct.
https://m.zara.com/us/en/kids-.....90511

Exactly. And that’s what Zara and handm are considered the “acceptable” cheap brands. Because they are European companies and sell the European style. Which just to reiterate, is a specific style, And does not mean that European children wear those clothes to school. I hope that clarifies things. And yes, I love the “European style” and dress my little one in such clothes. And I am not chassidish or boro park type. There are non Jews who dress their kids in that look at well. Those companies are obviously marketing to a variety of people. Not just the Jews.

amother
Lilac

Post Wed, Oct 16 2019, 11:32 pm
Jacadi is a great example of the look.

gande

Post Thu, Oct 17 2019, 2:27 am
check out mayoral brand. Many store carry it.
I think of European as well made classy but stylish.

amother
Black

Post Thu, Oct 17 2019, 3:54 am
amother [ Olive ] wrote:
I think the question is if your kids really look European or if that’s just marketing from frum stores because their target market likes the idea of looking European.

amother
Smokey

Post Thu, Oct 17 2019, 5:50 am
camp wrote:
Ok all that would be for litvish yeshivish. For the whole Chassidish look, there’s a million stores in bp and Williamsburg.
Kids would probably be whoopi, pastel.
Kidichic is super junky. That’s if you sort of want to get the look and not pay the prices which is a great idea since the kids grow out of their clothes in one season. My kids don’t wear kidichic well. The fit is just off for them but anyone who can do it, it’s trendy and very inexpensive.

Statements like these are just snobby. There's nothing wrong with the kidichic fit and the clothes usually hold up pretty well. It's considered a pretty chic store in my circles. Glad I don't live in the circles where it's beneath people's dignity to wear it.

Purple2

Post Thu, Oct 17 2019, 7:04 am
That’s nice amother Smokey, you’re glad not to be in my circles, and I’m glad I’m not you, who takes offence over descriptions of kids clothing lines. Seriously??!
I was giving an honest description to op who was trying to get information. This is not a PR campaign for dressing your kids in simpler clothing wich in your mind is obviously the “right” way to be.
In a free market there are more quality and cheaper clothing lines and that’s ok! The maker of kidichic is not insulted that her clothing is made cheaper. She does that to keep the cost down. She caters to a certain market.
In the non Jewish world it’s the same. No one gets into a huff when I say that H&M and Zara are a cheaper line then let’s say channel or even Ted Baker. That’s ok, because that’s what they’re meant to be, trendy and affordable (and btw I said we wear tons of Zara and H&M just some of the Jewish cheaper lines don’t fit as well)
Page 2 of 6   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next Recent Topics