Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Announcements & Mazel Tovs -> Mazel Tov on Births
Name of new baby born, for payment
1  2  Next

SRF

Post Thu, Oct 17 2019, 4:38 am
mazal tov, Today we have a cute baby girl, looking to give a name for payment after a deceased person, need to be Jewish and a good person

5mom

Post Thu, Oct 17 2019, 4:49 am
Mazal tov on the baby. In a free market, anything can be for sale so long as no one is harmed, but this comes across as truly distasteful. I hope you find better ways to support your growing family.

SRF

Post Thu, Oct 17 2019, 4:54 am
5mom wrote:
Mazal tov on the baby. In a free market, anything can be for sale so long as no one is harmed, but this comes across as truly distasteful. I hope you find better ways to support your growing family.

When a baby needs food he can't wait much, when it's not a shame, don't judge the person

dankbar

Post Thu, Oct 17 2019, 5:14 am
I have heard it other way around, when one of the grandparents or a relative wants the couple to name baby for their parent/spouse they sometimes promise money or if a person sets aside money for all descendants/or for first one, that will be named after them, after their passing. It's as an incentive, or if each one wants to "get" the name first, or if couple doesn't want to, as a manipulation method etc...or just as an appreciation for naming after their parent.

Rappel

Post Thu, Oct 17 2019, 5:20 am
dankbar wrote:
I have heard it other way around, when one of the grandparents or a relative wants the couple to name baby for their parent/spouse they sometimes promise money or if a person sets aside money for all descendants/or for first one, that will be named after them, after their passing. It's as an incentive, or if each one wants to "get" the name first, or if couple doesn't want to, as a manipulation method etc...or just as an appreciation for naming after their parent.

Delete

Last edited by Rappel on Thu, Oct 17 2019, 5:28 am; edited 1 time in total

Rappel

Post Thu, Oct 17 2019, 5:22 am
5mom wrote:

SRF, may you and your beautiful baby be healthy, whatever her name is.

Last edited by Rappel on Thu, Oct 17 2019, 5:27 am; edited 1 time in total

Rappel

Post Thu, Oct 17 2019, 5:26 am
SRF wrote:
When a baby needs food he can't wait much, when it's not a shame, don't judge the person

I hear you.

But I'm sure people here would love to help you get on your feet, and leave you the honour of naming your daughter however you choose.

Where do you live? What can we provide to add to your joy and comfort?

SuperWify

Post Thu, Oct 17 2019, 5:39 am
Mazel tov! May hashem bless you with an abundance so you can feed your family without worry.

DrMom

Post Thu, Oct 17 2019, 6:00 am
I can't help but think of the Boaty McBoatface debacle.

SRF

Post Thu, Oct 17 2019, 7:51 am
I did not want to ask for charity, this is my eighth child, God blessed, I try to do excellent business, with the help of God, I got into a difficult financial crunch, on the holiday evening, I need some amount, just to get through it, I thought, this is a great idea for someone, Who wants to commemorate his loved one, about a sweet girl, from a lovely family from Jerusalem, blessed God, I will make a donor, without a vow, 'mi sheberach', at the Western Wall, on Saturday or on holiday, we do not have a special name we would like to give, we would love to give the name to someone to help us, not Think there's something bad here

5mom

Post Thu, Oct 17 2019, 7:54 am
I apologise for not being sensitive enough to your needs. May you be blessed with parnasa and much joy from your children.

heidi

Post Thu, Oct 17 2019, 7:57 am
If this isn't the time to say it I don't know when is
BIRTH CONTROL

lkwdlady

Post Thu, Oct 17 2019, 7:58 am
I think it’s unusual to advertise that you are looking to get paid to give a name.
It usually works the other way around. Usually sometimes offers to pay a particular person to use a name and it’s usually because it’s not a name people would want to use.
Maybe you can hang a sign in a shul?
I hope Hashem sends you money soon. May you have much nachas!

Kinor Dovid

Post Thu, Oct 17 2019, 8:26 am
SRF wrote:
I did not want to ask for charity, this is my eighth child, God blessed, I try to do excellent business, with the help of God, I got into a difficult financial crunch, on the holiday evening, I need some amount, just to get through it, I thought, this is a great idea for someone, Who wants to commemorate his loved one, about a sweet girl, from a lovely family from Jerusalem, blessed God, I will make a donor, without a vow, 'mi sheberach', at the Western Wall, on Saturday or on holiday, we do not have a special name we would like to give, we would love to give the name to someone to help us, not Think there's something bad here

It’s not bad.
Just when your little girl is older she will beH want to know who she’s named after. And finding out that she’s named after someone you don’t really know might make her sad.
Is there another way you can accept a monetary gift in honour of your simcha? We are related, as all Jews are.
And we are all responsible for eachother.

rachaelle

Post Thu, Oct 17 2019, 8:41 am
SRF wrote:

You don’t have money for formula?
I think there are organizations in Israel that can provide that.

Post Thu, Oct 17 2019, 8:44 am
How much to choose the name?

itsmeima

Post Thu, Oct 17 2019, 8:47 am
Mazel Tov, wishing you the very best!

This was the norm a generation ago, there’s no need to bash her because it’s not as common nowadays.

imasoftov

Post Thu, Oct 17 2019, 9:07 am
itsmeima wrote:
This was the norm a generation ago

I have no opinion on what the OP should do, but I'm curious how common something needed to be in order to be "the norm".

happyone

Post Thu, Oct 17 2019, 9:22 am
my sister did that. a great grandparent has an awful name. not one child was name after that person. her grandmother gave her a nice sum to give the name. fast forward 16 years . her child does not forgive her for "selling" the name noone else in the family wanted to give.

dancingqueen

Post Thu, Oct 17 2019, 10:15 am
Mazal tov! Please name your precious dd and then set up a go fund me if you need.

Wasn’t this a plot line on shtissel?
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics